Serves meat, veg options available. Aside from a few fish dishes, menu is vegetarian. Offers a special daily dish called "piatto del giorno". Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Non-veg

Alessandro
Alessandro

Nice atmosphere

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2014

It’s a little restaurant in front of the School of political sciences of the university. It’s a lovely and warm place, the service is attentive but a little slow, not 100% veg (dairy/eggs and fish dishes).
I tried a wonderful “piatto unico” (a selection of spiced rice, lentils, raw and cooked vegetables, seitan goulash) and a delicious vegan quinoa chocolate cake.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 04, 2010

Pros: food quality, environment
Cons: a bit expensive
Kiran
Kiran

I Love, Love, Love This Place!

Posted on 03 / 04 / 2009

Review: I love this place so much I would consider moving to Bologna just to eat here all the time. As soon as you open the door and smell the food being served, you know you're in the right place.

Tonight I had a special; curry seitan with rice, steamed carrots, spiced potatoes, and a pureed mix of tomatoes, potatoes, and spices which were baked into a wonderful part of the dish (forget the name in Italian). My wife had a wonderful tofu and rice dish which was cooked and spiced to perfection. Both of our meals were 100% vegan.

The staff is cheerful, friendly, and vegetarian/vegan and make you feel right at home. Simona speaks excellent English and can explain anything on the menu. She made some great recommendations for us and made the evening much more enjoyable. The vegan deserts were great and their selection of teas is fantastic.

Its seems Clorofilla has been forced to add a few fish dishes and creme sauces to stay afloat and bring in more people to introduce them to vegetarian cuisine. Their non-dogmatic approach seems to pull in lots of first-timers who end up going veg along the way. I can't fault them for that!

I wish I could give them five stars but since they are not 100% veg, I'm not allowed to.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, Healthy Cuisine
nancydong
nancydong

Honest food, Honest price

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2007

The oldest veg restaurant in Bologna, it has specials of the day(highly suggested) which are filling and yummy. prices very reasonable. Though some items contain dairy/eggs (will specify on menu), and has 2-3 fish dishes :-(. It reminds me of macrobiotic cooking only much more delicious. The owner is longtime vegetarian, is 48 yrs old but looks 35.

Pros: reasonable, fast and friendly service, good food
Cons: has few fish on menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Clorofilla: