Clear Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. This restaurant is located in one of Ubud's main streets and is decorated throughout in a modernist style. Offers juices, desserts, smoothies, salads, and mains. Vegetarian, vegan, and raw food clearly indicated. Directions: Look for the green bamboo outside to find it. The price range from US$12-20 for a 3-course meal, though one could also each a filling main dish for $5; moderate for foreigners but expensive by local standard. No alcohol. Price: Expensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Western, Non-veg

Jdw238
Jdw238

would definitely recommend!

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2014

Good food, friendly staff. Interesting drinks served in very exciting glasses!

Moix
Moix

Stylish & romantic ambiance.

4 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

Clear Cafe definitely impresses with looks alone. We came here for our final evening in Bali & had a lovely dinner. My friend had vegan Pad Thai & claimed it was the best he's ever tasted (Though I found it overly salty.) I had a curry of some sort & was very happy both with flavour & presentation. The smoothies were ok, mine was strawberry with young coconut milk & I find the young coconut has an unpleasant sour taste which overpowers, that's a personal thing..the young coconuts are very common use in Bali. The ambiance here was great, spacious with low lighting & modern decor. It felt like a special night out for a very affordable price. Something to note: as we were leaving we noticed a mouse running around under the tables.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 15, 2013

Pros: Stylish place, Plenty of vegan options, Pleasant service
EzzieGriffin
EzzieGriffin

clearly Devine!

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

I have never had anything but delicious meals here! Even if you don't want a meal, the deserts and drinks are also incredible. More often than not, I choose a drink that tastes like a desert and then have a desert....but they are all so scrummy, healthy and delicious I don't think twice about it! You can also do some taste testing in the shop out the front, what more could you wish for!

Pros: excellent variety, fast service, guilt free delights
Cons: can get quite busy
bianchina
bianchina

Excellent choice in Ubud

4 Posted on 08 / 08 / 2013

I went through several of the raw items on the menu here, and they were all fantastic! My favorite was the Suki Sushi, with delicious gingery-wasabi flavours. Service was prompt, atmosphere is nice, prices good. Recommended!

Pros: delicious and creative, very clear vegan and raw items, fancy but still cheap
Cons: not a vegan place, they surprise you with a tax at the end
patthai74
patthai74

Our number 1 choice in Ubud

4 Posted on 11 / 16 / 2012

We visited Clear Cafe after we had been to a few health food places already and thought we had seen it all. Nothing could be further from the truth. This restaurants serves mouthwatering dishes, fantastic smoothies, has a great stylish decor, attentive staff and a fantastic seperate 'dessert shop' right next to the restaurant. Great raw food too.

Pros: Outstanding quality, Modern stylish interior, Great smoothies
Cons: Little pricey

freeprincebandar
freeprincebandar

Vegan brownies are to die for

4 Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

We have visited the shop adjacent to the restaurant only. They serve many raw deserts and snacks (all vegetarian) but do have some cooked items. One of these is labelled 'vegan brownie' and caught our eye. For Rp 15000 you can't do much better for desert in Ubud. It tastes as good as any brownie you'll ever have and hits the chocolate spot. Two thumbs up!

Pros: vegan brownie
Cons: not more things like vegan brownie
StarGate Bali
StarGate Bali

Loved it

4 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2011

I eat there all the time - love it and most of my UBUD Vegi friends eat there as well
Thanks Jiva

Pros: Healthy , great deserts, friendly staff
Cons: i am not there enough
Morbid Cafe
Morbid Cafe

Exponentially trendy

4 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2011

Clear Cafe didn't come up very hight on the Happy Cow search list for places in Bali, but boy am I glad we stumbled across it!
It was the trendiest place I have ever been to, not even big city cafes compare to that great little gem in little Ubud town. Everything is well thought through - from the design & decor to health drinks and meal presentation. Make sure you try one of their amazing juice mixes - they come in a crazy glass too. All of their milkshakes are done with what they call 'mylk' which is a new trendy name for nut milk.
There are lots of vegan and even raw options available, the thai soup was my personal favorite. We loved it so much we went back twice. Definitely recommended and again - only 4 stars because it serves some fish options...

Pros: great design, beautiful food, friendly staff
veganbride
veganbride

Our favourite restaurant in Bali

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2010

We were told about this restaurant by a fellow traveller. The selection of food was amazing, from seriously healthy to burgers and the like. There was something for everyone (veg, vegan and raw), the atmosphere was lovely, the staff very good and knowledgeable. We would recommend it in a flash.

The only reason I am giving it 4 stars is because it is the highest score I can give a non veg restaurant.

Pros: Amazing food, Beautiful decor, Wonderful location

Dear Owner and Manager of Clear Cafe: