Serves meat, veg options available. Dine-in only, worker-owner co-op restaurant providing American and ethnic cuisine using local and organic ingredients. Menu is over 50% vegetarian, of which some can be requested vegan or soy-free. Selection of organic wine and beer. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, International, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
1511 NW 2nd St
Gainesville, Florida 32601
352-380-0544
Closed now

Tue-Fri 11:00am-2:30pm, 5:30pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 5:30pm-9:30pm, Sat 10:00am-2:00pm

First Review by aadams1217
annaegel
annaegel

Good food

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

The place is set back among some trees, so we almost drove right past it. From the parking lot, we weren't sure if it was a restaurant, but soon found tables outside that assured us it was. Once inside, we were pleasantly surprised by the nice decor. The menu had only 3 vegan main dishes. We shared an appetizer (Pakora). two out of three of us liked it. The sauce has a strong celantro taste. My daughter had the Indian Thall Plate. I opted for the Florida Citrus salad. I was expecting a larger portion for my $9, but it was really good. The other person, ate a non-vegan dish that she enjoyed.

Pros: good food, nice decore, friendly staff
Cons: Salad was expensive for what you get, Can easily drive right past the place., Not a large selection of vegan
aadams1217
aadams1217
  • non-vegetarian

Love this place

Posted on 11 / 16 / 2011

Great atmosphere and super-friendly staff. Yes, the menu can be a bit pricey, but this place is all about quality. You can tell the chefs put their all into the dishes. Beautifully seasoned and cooked. I don't go here very often, but when I eat out and feel like having a genuinely good meal, this place is at the top of my list.

Pros: quality of food, atmosphere, staff
Cons: price

Dear Owner and Manager of Civilization: