Civic Center Farmer's Market

Year-round outdoor market. Farm fresh vegetables, fruits, flowers, and more. more-less
1150 Market St (btwn 7th and 8th St, Civic Center District)
San Francisco, California 94102

AshleyxMichelle
AshleyxMichelle

Heart of the City Farmer's Market

Posted on 01 / 12 / 2012

I'm so glad that they stopped selling live chickens! I wasn't going to go unless they stopped. So now that I have been.. I really like it. I always get good produce for cheap. They have some prepared items. I have seen vegan somosas there before too. Also towards the end they do $1 bags and cut prices down. Oh and get the never watered tomatoes! So good.

Pros: Cheap prices, Great produce, Friendly sellers
Cons: Location
Adrienne Kristine
Adrienne Kristine

Heart of the City Farmers Market

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2010

There are several farmers markets in San Francisco but this is my favorite. It's the blue collar-type: not everything is organic and we're still trying to stop the sales of live chickens, but the produce is local and the hours are great: 7 AM to 5 PM Sundays and 7 AM to 5:30 PM on Wednesdays year round rain or shine.

Pros: Local, Inexpensive, Variety
Cons: Live chickens, Not always organic

Dear Owner and Manager of Civic Center Farmer's Market: