Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food restaurant. Offers some vegetable dishes and has tofu and mock meats. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

RunVeg
RunVeg

Weird Server, sushi not creative

3 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2013

I've been here a few times and for some reason have had the same super weird waiter each time. He's mid 20s with dark hair, and this dude thinks he is hilarious or something. He tries to joke and is downright offensive, and when I ask about veg ingredients, he's completely clueless. I don't trust him at all to know what's in the food. We have literally stood outside the window and looked to see if he was working, because he is intolerable.

On to the food. The mock duck is amazing. The Thai food is amazing. But they are severely lacking in the sushi department. And I have gone there because I miss good sushi since moving to this area. They don't have creative veggie sushi rolls, and at every other sushi place in my life, I have been able to create a roll that's not on the menu. Oh, you have tempura veggies? Oh, you have rice? Put them together and make me a tempura roll. Works everywhere put here. I have been told by creepy waiter AND the manager that they can't make special rolls. Sooooo....I don't understand why this is so hard. But I guess they will have to understand why I won't be back. It's not that hard.

In all, food is pretty good, but all the BS surrounding it makes this a pretty unenjoyable experience.

Pros: Mock duck, Good Thai food, Good taste
Cons: Creepy weirdo server, Unimaginative sushi rolls, Won't make rolls not on menu
bigbunny
bigbunny

HAVE THE MOCK DUCK CURRY!

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

The mock duck curry is wonderful. Worth going out of your way.

Big beautiful restaurant (formerly a massive bank) & great staff.

Fabulous cocktails, too. Their pear vodka & lychee sake Martini is one of the best tipples I've had anywhere in the world!

Pros: Serves mock duck!, Great vegan options, Lovely place
Cons: Might have to pay for parking or walk
alotliikelove
alotliikelove

Great Vegan/Veggie spot

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2011

A great spot for vegetarians and vegans alike. I had been assured by the staff that the curry offered here is vegan and they do not use oyster sauce, which is commonly found in Thai cooking. The will substitute meats for tofu or you can just get vegetables. I always get the vegetable massaman curry and it is delicious!The staff is always happy to answer any questions you may have and will help you the best that they can to make your experience there a good one. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, chic
iTom
iTom

Good Thai Food

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2010

I took a couple of people here during a business trip and everyone enjoyed it. Many vegetarian options on the menu and they can substitute tofu for meat in many dishes. The papaya salad was very good and they actually made it as spicy as requested, so beware! It was too spicy for one person.

I had a tofu stir fry with basil for the entree and enjoyed it too. Generous amounts of food - no one had room for dessert. The atmosphere is kind of upscale casual - definitely more formal than a lot of Thai places but no problem to go in shorts and a t-shirt.

Good, quick, friendly service. If I'm in Akron again I'll certainly consider going here.

Pros: Many Veg Options, Good Service

Dear Owner and Manager of Cilantro: