Market and cafe. Stocks organic grocery, vitamins and supplement, cereals, snacks, foods, and grocery. Located inside the market is the Purple Plate Health Cafe offering take-out foods, soups, salads, sandwiches, and juice bar. more-less
11301 N 56th St (Fowler Ave)
Temple Terrace, Florida 33617
813-980-2005

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by 0dalys
CoconutPrincess
CoconutPrincess

Don't waste your money

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2013

The only reason I give this place 2 stars is because they carry organic foods. This place is overpriced - the prices are almost double those of whole foods. On several occasions I have purchased something here and it's been expired, without a receipt I had to practically fight with the sales people just to return the item. Staff is not very friendly or knowledgable, I have been in line and heard the cashier convince two people that all they have to is regulate their hormones through supplements to lose weight. I've also called and asked if they carried an item and had an associate explain that if he doesn't know it off the top of his head he can't help me and I'll just have to come in and find it. I actually live right around the corner from the usf location and still choose to do all my shopping at whole foods or Abby's.

Pros: If you're desperate they may have what your lookin
Cons: absurdly overpriced , uneducated staff, small selection/expired items
0dalys
0dalys
  • raw

Ok if its your only option

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2007

It's the only health food store in the USF area and its not bad, BUT I do have a few complaints. The manager and Chuck himself are pretty weird, unfriendly even, their produce section is far from fresh, and there is not enough variety.

On the plus side, once a month they have a sale where everything is 20% off and the cashiers who work there are super friendly.

Dear Owner and Manager of Chuck's Natural Food Marketplace and Cafe: