Serves meat, veg options available. Chinese food restaurant. Will make vegetarian dishes with tofu upon request. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg
167 Center St
Bangor, Maine 04401
207-262-2170

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by baydrive
grinrock
grinrock

Made-to-order & vegan friendly

Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

Owner is a vegetarian and extremely accommodating to dietary needs - she's asked us right away if anyone at our table had allergies or sensitivities. Our food was all made-to-order from scratch, and mostly off-menu!

Many vegetarian & vegan options! I recommend the sesame tofu.

Slightly off the beaten path; worth a stop when you're in the Bangor area.

Pros: Inexpensive, Flexible/accommodating
LeslieLinder
LeslieLinder

not to be missed

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2013

you get so much individual attention from Christine, the owner. she is a vegetarian and activist. there is a vegetarian support group there weekly. though the focus is ovo-lacto vegetarian dining, many of the selections are vegan and Christine is very meticulous about making sure you get vegan food is that is what you asked for.

Pros: vegetarian owner, host a vegetarian support group, meticulous about ingredients
laurasremedies
laurasremedies
  • raw

Chopsticks

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2010

From using Happy Cow, we finally found Chopsticks, a gem of a restaurant a bit removed from the downtown Bangor area. What a wonderful experience! Being vegan, I usually have limited options when dining in Bangor, but this was no problem at Chopsticks. There are plenty of options for everyone's taste: carnivores, vegetarians, and vegans too will all be happy eating here. And the food is fresh, absolutely delicious! I highly recommend going a little out of your way to eat at Chopsticks. We'll be going back frequently!

Pros: fresh food, delicious, inexpensive
Cons: a bit away from downtown Bangor

Ptjen
Ptjen

My favorite restaurant

Posted on 05 / 17 / 2010

Most accommodating restaurant I've ever been to. I had a period of time when I couldn't have soy. Any item on the menu I wanted would be adapted for me. My favorite meal is the Vegetable Delite with brown rice and it never gets boring b/c the vegetables change. Small and friendly.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent food
Cons: Closed on Tuesdays
baydrive
baydrive

My favorite restaurant!

Posted on 03 / 28 / 2010

I'm a vegan, and Christine, the owner is a vegetarian. She will make special orders if you call ahead or tell her at the restaurant. I love the sesame Tofu dish!! It's the best I've had, and I used to live in China.

Pros: clean, fast,friendly service, great food

Dear Owner and Manager of Chopsticks: