Wellness lounge with an open kitchen and laid back atmosphere. Offers a mostly raw food menu with a cooked grain bowl plus daily warm soups. Food is vegan except for honey in some smoothies and desserts. Features superfood smoothies, acai bowls, kale salad, raw entrees, and raw desserts. Also sells a small range of health products. Has wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out
1087 Limahana Pl 1A (Hwy 30 and Hinau St, on Maui)
Lahaina, Hawaii 96761

Yakimom
Yakimom

cute little hippie cafe

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2014

I had a delicious Buddha bowl and a smoothie and my hubbie had the epic entree and game changer coffee drink. Great food and I loved the atmosphere. Pretty much vegan except for honey in some items.

JenVeganMaui
JenVeganMaui

ONLY recommendation for West Maui!

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

This place is the only acceptable organic, vegan, superfood eatery on West Maui. If you are truly looking for fresh, quality food, it is the only place I personally recommend.

Pros: They will accommodate any request
Cons: Price, organic food on Maui is expensive, They close at 4 :(
Chia
Chia

Great Smoothies, Yummy Kale Salad

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and ate here twice in December 2012. Here's my Choice Health Bar review.

Choice is located in a shopping plaza off the main road through Lahaina. In the same plaza with a Pizza Hut. It's also walkable (going inland) from Front Street where all the tourists go, by the ocean.

The interior is colorful with large wall murals and the vibe is casual and airy. You can see the kitchen where the food is prepared. Lots of fresh ingredients--it features primarily raw food and smoothies and acai bowls.

Their smoothies are delicious. My friend had one with mint and cacao nibs, and it was so good. I had the one with maca, and that was super yummy. We also shared an acai bowl with granola and banana slices, and that was good, too.

We came back for lunch and got their healthy plate which came with some quinoa, a cup of soup, a small piece raw chocolate dessert, and a heaping of kale salad with a ginger dressing. The kale salad was very colorful and tasty--one of best kale salads I've had.

The prices are moderate, especially considering that it's healthy, clean, delicious food--and that Lahaina is a tourist area.

Highly recommended when on this side of Maui. Go!

sullivusb
sullivusb

Great!!!!

Posted on 11 / 19 / 2012

Definitely check this place out. The acai bowls are amazing. We came back three times for more acai bowls while we were here - they were super healthy and super tasty. They have other vegan dishes (smoothies, soups, grain dishes) but we never tried them because we liked the acai bowls so much.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Choice Health Bar

Posted on 09 / 27 / 2012

I love Choice Health Bar!!! I moved from Wailea to Ka'anapali during my trip and was incredibly delighted to find Choice, and I've eaten there every day since. The menu changes daily but they always seem to have a kale salad, grains, and soup. The first day I got the lunch place and was able to try almost all of the lunch items which consisted of kale, quinoa, soup, and a raw dessert, YUM. Since then I've simply ordered kale and soup - my favorite soup is the split pea, although the pumpkin and celery soups are also tasty. Definitely go to Choice when you're in the area!

sandykaren
sandykaren

Great find

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2012

I was worried about eating vegan will in Maui, but thankfully I discovered this place. The plate lunch, with soup, salad and grain was so delicious, I had it two days in a row! I can't decide which soup I loved more -- the purple potato curry or the French green lentil. And the kale salads, with slightly different ingredients and dressings, were both divine. My favorite, however, may have been the amazing coconut garlic quinoa, which doesn't sound like it would work, but it does. My only complaint is that they were not open in the evenings!

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff
Cons: Limited hours
mg
mg

a great place to eat

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2012

best smothies we have ever had. a must go to restaurant when in maui.also the food and soups are excellent. my wife was a raw vegan chef and she loves this place. even non vegetarinas would find the food delicious.

Pros: superb smothies, super\superb acai bowls
clark
clark

best food we had in Maui

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2012

Went here twice on a recent trip to Maui and Choice Health Bar was a godsend for us. Although there are some options for vegans/vegetarians on the island, we've always found them a bit lacking until we found Choice Health Bar. The food here is fresh, tasty, and healthy, easily the best food we had while in Maui. We loved their Healthy Plate Lunch which consisted of a kale salad, soup of the day, coconut quinoa, and lemon cake dessert. We also had their Buddha Rice Bowl, raw PB&J sandwich, and Acai Dessert Sunrise Bowl which were all delicious as well. The staff are also super friendly and the space has a cozy, inviting feel to it. Highly recommended!

Pros: delicious, fresh food, friendly staff
Cons: closes early
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

its like the Cafe Gratitude of Hawaii!

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2012

Supremely awesome, great environment, beyond top notch food. Their forbidden rice sushi is a real stand out. The budda bowl can be done as a plate. The soup was the best chili I've ever had and the grain was a cilantro quinoa. Its a super hippitydipppity place with "where's waldo and magic eye" stoner challenge books. People were sleeping on the couch, but it really is a nice place and don't be put off by the occasional dreadlocked zombie. The food is beyond compare and should be considered the best in Hawaii, much less maui!

Pros: grains and soups, shakes, best food hands down
Cons: zoner clientele
SteveFrankel
SteveFrankel

Best in West Maui

Posted on 09 / 11 / 2011

Visited Choice based on a tip from a local surf shop. Excellent food, mostly fresh not frozen fruit for smoothies, and wonder entrees. Really enjoyed the kale salad with coconut quinoa. Also tried 2 soups, lentil and onion/potato.

All the food was very tasty. They also have a small take out refrig. and store.

Pros: food, freshness, staff
Cons: none

Dear Owner and Manager of Choice Health Bar: