Serves meat, veg options available. Bakery, deli, and pizza shop, at this location since spring 2013. Typically will have a vegan sweet treat each day, like a vegan brownie. Could custom order a vegan pizza with bakery crust or a vegan sandwich or salad with your choice of vegetables. Has soy milk for coffee drinks. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Bakery, Pizza, American, Fast food, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
5830 Georgia Ave NW (Brightwood, Washington DC)
Washington, District Of Columbia 20011
202-291-2595

First Review by cookiem
cookiem
cookiem

Vegans eat well here in Brightwood

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2014

Vegan custom order pizza with vegan cheese and real in-house bakery crust? Um, ok! Count me in! Plus, they have vegan baked items like brownies and other rotating choices. Of course, those are only good with a strong dose of delicious espresso beverage helps complement a baked vegan item. The latte is better quality in my opinion than the brownie, but I am partial to high standards for my vegan baked goods.

There is a vegan sandwich called the Veganesque! Cool, made with your choice of bread. Make your own salad- unique to this area and super vegan friendly!

The shop is small, but it is bustling! It is busy all the time, so feel confident in consuming items from this bakery. Savory or sweet, snack or beverage, this place is top notch for the Brightwood area. Prices are fair and staff knowledgeable and friendly! I appreciate this business! In another area, I might only give 3 cows, but it is refreshing to have these options for vegans in Brightwood. 4 cows for this neighborhood's standards, especially for the latte strength!

Updated from previous review on Thursday August 14, 2014
This place is still top notch for Brightwood, but I feel my excitement earlier being rescinded down to 3 cows. Still great for this part of town, but I wish the salads were more veg infused, not greens 98% of the dish.

Pros: Soy latte, Vegan pizza, Knowledgeable staff
Cons: Late hours not an option, No almond milk, No gluten free vegan crust

Dear Owner and Manager of Chocolate Crust: