Does not use eggs or dairy, but honey is used in some preparations. Price of dishes 30 pesos, drinks and desserts 20 pesos. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Delivery, Raw
Espana 211 (Espana-Vicente Lopez)
Salta, Argentina
54-387-431-2857
Now Closed

Mon-Sat 9:00am-12:00pm

First Review by SofiArquati
Pearlpeachy
Pearlpeachy

Among our top favorites in Argentina

Posted on 04 / 11 / 2015

This place wins a spot in our top 3 favorite places to eat in Argentina. We only got to eat two meals here, but both were wonderful! They have 3 salad options and 3 main dish options offered at dinner time. The menu is written on a chalk board and changes based on what food items they've been able to purchase locally. All of the food is vegan with the exception of occasional honey use. Everything we ordered was wonderful. The staff will do the best they can to try to translate the menu for you if you don't speak spanish, and they also have wifi that you could use to translate anything you don't understand. You could also just pick one of the options and be surprised by what comes out! Doesn't matter what it is I'm sure it will be great! They also have an extensive menu of juices and smoothies with a liter sized option that comes out in a pitcher for sharing. I wish I could eat here every day, it's that good!

AndreaLundgren
AndreaLundgren

REALLY good food!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2015

Not as cheap as the info text above says, dessert for around 50 and I think about 70-80 for a hot meal. Still good though! Very tasty and beautifully served. Love the place.

mikesettle
mikesettle

wow,, super staff, even better food ..

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2014

this is one of my favorite veggie restaurants i have ate at anywhere in the world - seriously! i ate here several times during my stay in salta and some how each time i went back it was even better than the previous time. the lentil "meatballs" served over homemade vegan mash potatoes topped with a perfectly seasoned, delicious tomato marinara were legendary. the staff was super friendly and helpful even though my spanish is horrible - the food is extremely good value, very tasty and creative. a year later, i sometimes find myself wondering around the world in a new city looking for a veggie restaurant thinking of the food from chirimoya - don't miss out.

Pros: great food, super staff , good value

axel
axel

So happy!

Posted on 12 / 09 / 2014

Food is so delicious!
I'm so happy to have found this excellent place. Fresh, great seasoning, I loved every bite!
On top: Friendly and highly competent service. This would be an excellent choice in any city, much more so in Salta, one of the diasporas in vegan eating.

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Value, Friendly
eeyoresenigma
eeyoresenigma

Vegan savior in Salta!

Posted on 10 / 21 / 2014

We have been traveling in Argentina for a couple of months now and were getting a little tired of making pasta dishes every night. Chirimoya definitely saved our taste buds. Most excellent dishes to date. Restaurant with a health food bent. Chocolate mousse and chocolate shake for breakfast. The shake had some healthy additivites... Forgot what though. For lunch stuffed small round green squash with quinoa tomatoes and a "queso". Came with side of delicious puréed sweet potatoes and fresh salad. Second dish was a salad with lots of fresh green including broccoli radish olives and shredded zucchini with this "queso" and a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Yummers!!! Also served a wide range of juices and health tonic drinks. To top it off also bought hearty lentil patties for home prep. Each patty was big in size and Delicious in a sandwich press.

Pros: Good healthy delicious vegan food!, Good take away options
Cons: Opening hours
Isis Galvao
Isis Galvao

Awesome!

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

The restaurant is awesome! Fresh ingredients, a huge variety of condiments, the plates are delicious and their presentation too! The decoration is really charming and the staff very careful. I was in vacations in Salta and I ate there 5 times! I do recommend it for everybody!

Pros: delicious food, fresh ingredients, creative plates
jess-flowerchild
jess-flowerchild

Best vegan meal in argentina!!

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

What can I say....amazing!!best vegan/veg meal in Argentina!
Very quiet place when we dined in, if only more people new about this place! Lovely waiter!
Hommus and dolmades as entree were bliss.
My main was a black bean patty, with a lovely presented salad with kalamata olives and mashed potato (best mash considering I don't like mash potato). My friends had a pad Thai ( raw style with zucchini 'noodles') and a warm quinoa stew. All tasted amazing!
We had a lovely chocolate style cake for dessert as well as cocao ice cream and tropical style mousse! Both delicious!
Walked away feeling full, satisfied and healthy!
100% recommend! Can't wait to go back!!

Pros: everything!!!
choogirl
choogirl

Loved this place

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2014

I came here with a friend and we both ordered vegan dishes, which were absolutely delicious. Most of the menu seems to be vegan and they offer nut based cheeses etc. instead of dairy cheese. The flavours are just awesome. The juice range is also really good. I would have liked to have tried a raw cheesecake desserts, but they didn't have any (possibly because it was the last day they were open before closing for a few days for Christmas). I had the vegan chocolate ice cream instead (see photos). Support this restaurant if you're in Salta!

Pros: Amazing flavours, Vegan cheeses
DIANE240378
DIANE240378

absolutely brillant chef

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2013

I visited here on my travels in may & i had no spanish. The chef was so welcoming&friendly who took time out to translate the menu for me each time i went there. I loved the variety on the menu&i loved the choices i had as a vegan. The food was so yummy i just wanted to eat everything on the menu.
I went here for lunch&dinner everyday &was sad leaving salta because of this restaurant. Thank you so much for this amazing experience during my travels in south america

Pros: great staff, world class chef, great variety
Jellie
Jellie

Fantastic raw/veg/vegan restaurant

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2013

We can't praise this place enough. Great food (5 stars for creativity and taste) for reasonable price. Service was energetic and very friendly. The blended smoothies were to die for and good value for 1L jar. We also took some home, as noted below the non-dairy milks available are not cheap but very good. Went several times, it was not busy in march/April when we visited. If only there were more places like this. It will be fantastic as long as the price/taste ratio doesn't change too much

Pros: Very tasty, creative, Reasonable price, very friendly, Close to centre of town
Cons: None really
chamilton
chamilton

Great option in Salta.

Posted on 04 / 27 / 2013

They have many different an interesting options for vegetarian, vegan and raw vegan. At only three blocks from Main Square, Chirimoya can be your place in downtown Salta, where you can enjoy a meal prepared with love and dedication. Raw vegan Lasagna is highly recommended. Hare Krishna!

Pros: Abundant portions, Good value, Fresh food
Cons: Lack of space at rush hours, There is no garden or backyard, Noisy blenders
Brennind
Brennind

Amazing vegan/vegetarian food! A must-try!

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

We were incredibly impressed with the quality of the food in this place, we came twice and both times the food was divine. The two chefs are clearly geniuses! They opened last month and all the dishes are vegan except that they use honey for some dishes. Apparently they change the two main dishes everyday, always one of the two is raw and the other one cooked. They also offer andean sushi made with quinoa. In total we tried four mains and all four had exquisitely combined flavours. The nut cheese they make is better than anyone i tried before (Australia and New Zealand). Price range is AR$ 30-45. Other things they offer are yummy desserts (the cocoa mousse raw is to die for! ). One more plus: the freshly made juices are stunning.
For those who are looking for milk options (our son is casein intolerant) they make super yummy sesame and almond milks that they sell as takeaways in 1l and 1/2l bottles.
Hard to find a con, since we loved the place and even the service was awesome.

SofiArquati
SofiArquati

Explotion of flavour!

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2013

This is the only real vegetarian place in Salta so far. I really enjoy eating in this place. The prices are low considering the amount of food in your plate. The best of this is the combination of flavours and the coloours of the meals! Vegan people just have to say that they don't want honey or polen and the cheffs just don't use any of them and they replace them for any other sweetener or superfood ingredient.
I completely recomend this place!

Dear Owner and Manager of Chirimoya: