Serves meat, veg options available. Fairly extensive menu with clearly marked vegan options. Located on Jägerstrasse. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Non-veg
Jaegerstrasse 35
Berlin, Germany 10117
+49-0-30-36-444-588

Open Mon-Fri 8am-late, Sat-Sun 9am-late.

First Review by DinaLun
EmilyBennett3050
EmilyBennett3050

Disappointing

1 Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

We attempted to eat at CHIPPS on a weekday evening, but were told by a rather abrupt waitress that the restaurant would not be serving food for at least half an hour. Considering that it was 6pm we thought that this was rather odd for a restaurant. Unsure whether this was a one-off or if the opening times on Happy Cow are out of date. Either way, we were not inspired to stay despite being absolutely starving.

Cons: Rude waitress, unusual serving times
xFelix
xFelix

super slow

1 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

Not recommendable. took 1h+ to get food. Wouldn't have the menu on table if we wouldn't have asked. And the restaurant is only 20% occupied...

marcbr
marcbr

The new fancy

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

Restaurant in the expensive part of Berlin, which, although still being kind of fancy to fit in with the area, it also has this modern style making the restaurant a comfortable place to eat at.
We got the weekly menu for lunch: a very good mushroom soup and a risotto, which was also very tasty, although rather small.
The menu was around 9,5€, which is not bad taking into account the area.

Pros: Good quality ingredients, Ambience, The food itself is good
Cons: Expensive if you don't get the menu, Portions could be bigger
runsten
runsten

ok for lunch

3 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

I got a nice salad and vegan soup for lunch. Nice place but I could see the kitchen. It was not dirty but I mess which disturbed me to see.

I am not sure I would come since it is unclear if they have vegan option for diner. And I will NOT come to a restaurant which serves meat! There are too many other real vegetarian restaurants in Berlin to choose between.

Pros: quick, ok for vegan lunch
Cons: not vegan, any vegan options, messy place?
penelopecw
penelopecw

Good for Vegetarians – Bad for Vegans

1 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

I am a vegan and cannot recommend this place for vegans. Anyway the menu was very limited (2 to 4 starter/main/dessert options each) and there was just one little starter dish that could be "veganized". when my dish came it had boiled quail eggs on the side and i was told to put them away. it was not possible to get more of the veggies instead. so i had just 3 bites of greens and for the main course i had NOTHING. There was no chance to get anything … not even a simple salad. the staff offered me a free drink instead. … a vegetarian restaurant with absolutely no flexibility.

Pros: Stylish , Top chefs, Nice interior
Cons: No vegan options , No ambition to improvise for vegans

DinaLun
DinaLun

Best place for breakfast

3 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2013

Nice and cozy place with one big minus – due to the fact that the kitchen in the cafe is open, the chef literally cooked and served meat right in front of your nose. If you are a strict vegan, I think this option is not for you. Everything else is pretty nice - friendly staff, coffee and soy milk, all-day-breakfast with veg options on weekend.

Pros: friendly atmosphere, friendly staff, healthy & veg options
Cons: prices slightly increased, meat serves and cooked in the open kitch

Dear Owner and Manager of Chipps: