Serves meat, veg options available. Modern restaurant in an upscale part of Berlin. Features an open kitchen. Menu is mostly vegetarian and vegan, clearly marked. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, European, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

EmilyBennett3050
EmilyBennett3050

time change

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

We attempted to eat at CHIPPS on a weekday evening, but were told by a rather abrupt waitress that the restaurant would not be serving food for at least half an hour. Considering that it was 6pm we thought that this was rather odd for a restaurant. Unsure whether this was a one-off or if the opening times on Happy Cow are out of date. Either way, we were not inspired to stay despite being absolutely starving.

xFelix
xFelix

super slow

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2014

Not recommendable. took 1h+ to get food. Wouldn't have the menu on table if we wouldn't have asked. And the restaurant is only 20% occupied...

marcbr
marcbr

The new fancy

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

Restaurant in the expensive part of Berlin, which, although still being kind of fancy to fit in with the area, it also has this modern style making the restaurant a comfortable place to eat at.
We got the weekly menu for lunch: a very good mushroom soup and a risotto, which was also very tasty, although rather small.
The menu was around 9,5€, which is not bad taking into account the area.

Pros: Good quality ingredients, Ambience, The food itself is good
Cons: Expensive if you don't get the menu, Portions could be bigger

runsten
runsten

ok for lunch

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

I got a nice salad and vegan soup for lunch. Nice place but I could see the kitchen. It was not dirty but I mess which disturbed me to see.

I am not sure I would come since it is unclear if they have vegan option for diner. And I will NOT come to a restaurant which serves meat! There are too many other real vegetarian restaurants in Berlin to choose between.

Pros: quick, ok for vegan lunch
penelopecw
penelopecw

Good for Vegetarians – Bad for Vegans

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2014

I am a vegan and cannot recommend this place for vegans. Anyway the menu was very limited (2 to 4 starter/main/dessert options each) and there was just one little starter dish that could be "veganized". when my dish came it had boiled quail eggs on the side and i was told to put them away. it was not possible to get more of the veggies instead. so i had just 3 bites of greens and for the main course i had NOTHING. There was no chance to get anything … not even a simple salad. the staff offered me a free drink instead. … a vegetarian restaurant with absolutely no flexibility.

Pros: Stylish , Top chefs, Nice interior
Cons: No vegan options , No ambition to improvise for vegans
DinaLun
DinaLun

Best place for breakfast

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2013

Nice and cozy place with one big minus – due to the fact that the kitchen in the cafe is open, the chef literally cooked and served meat right in front of your nose. If you are a strict vegan, I think this option is not for you. Everything else is pretty nice - friendly staff, coffee and soy milk, all-day-breakfast with veg options on weekend.

Pros: friendly atmosphere, friendly staff, healthy & veg options
Cons: prices slightly increased, meat serves and cooked in the open kitch

Dear Owner and Manager of Chipps: