Vegetarian restaurant and sweet centre. Massive selection of savouries, curries and breads, including many varieties of paratha. Also South Indian and Desi Chinese (Indian versions of Chinese dishes) sections on the menu, and a juice bar. Vegans need to ask as the menu does not have explanations of the dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Juice bar, Take-out, Chinese

Stevie
Stevie

Chini Chor, London

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

I had dinner here on Saturday night. It was excellent.

1stly when I rocked along at around 7.30 pm, it was very busy with a small queue of people waiting to be seated. In terms of the number of seats I didn't count but I would estimate there's room for around 70 diners. Anyone who has any doubts re the authenticity of the food, I had a quick look around and everyone in there seemed Indian to me other than around half a dozen people.

Its a cheap and cheerful type set up rather than swanky. I asked what was vegan and the waiter was more than happy to direct me around the menu. There was plenty of choice.

Myself and my 2 friends ordered a bunch of stuff. Its typically around £4 per curry dish. They are a little on the smaller side allowing ordering more than 1 per person to facilitate a bigger trip through the menu. We haddal tadka, a mushroom dish, the aloo gobi and one other curry that escapes me for the moment. One of my friends also ordered a masala dosa which he was expecting to be starter size but wasn't. From the moment the dosa arrived, bearing in mind we had also ordered paratas and a chapati, I regret to say there would be no way we would be able to eat all the food.

All of the dishes were delicious, every mouthful was a treat for my taste buds, a complete triumph.

It was very busy when I was there and with some families eating. There was a table with a kid of around 3 who seemed to scream pretty much through the entire meal. Thus it seems to be family friendly but of course the other side of this is that if you struggle handle a screaming kid, this place may not be for you.

With the significant amounty of food we were too full to eat, we asked for a doggy bag with the intention of giving this to a homeless person. Getting the doggy bag was no issue. However in a short stroll outside from the restaurant over to the tube station, we couldn't spot any homeless people to offer the food to.

Its just a few doors along from Sangeetha for anyone who may want to take a look in the window of both before deciding which one to go to.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Great, inexpensive food

Dear Owner and Manager of Chini Chor: