Serves meat, veg options available. Has a large menu of veg/vegan options; veggie meat can be substituted in place of meat in any dish. Confirmed open July 2010- sometimes closed for holidays. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
2204 Brewerton Rd (Malloy Rd, State Rte 11)
Syracuse, New York 13211
315-455-5888

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by amandalkent
giantvegan
giantvegan

Look somewhere else

1 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2013

I've seen good reviews of this place on the site and others but they do seem from several years ago. At first this place looked promising, and our first meal was fairly decent. But the second time we got take out the dumplings were cold (clearly frozen, still had ice in them!). Everything seemed like it came from a freezer and was very old. Tasted like it too. Will not ever go back.

Pros: Decent selection
Cons: Cold, Bland, Soggy
iTom
iTom

Great Find in Syracuse

4 Posted on 08 / 05 / 2009

I saw the reviews on Happy Cow and visited China Road. The food was wonderful! I had the Orange Vegetarian Chicken and ate it all. I don't really remember what chicken tastes like, thank heavens, but this was great. I also had the Scallion Pancakes, which were very good and quite similar to what I used to get in Taiwan. Service was quick and friendly, and it was pretty easy to get to. I would recommend it highly to anyone visiting Syracuse.

Pros: Great food, Good service, Good value
sunday
sunday

5 cows! The best vegetarian Chinese restaurant.

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2009

We love china road and go at least once a month. Their mock meat is great and the service attentive and fast (even though some of the waitstaff do not speak the best English). They have mock Chicken, duck, pork and until recently the best mock beef I have ever had. They also have vegetarian fish which is interestingly delicious. The mock meats are all have different textures and tastes which is a nice change from most mock meat Chinese food. There's a good variety of appetizers and they are all great. Try the radish cakes! I wish they would bring back the mock beef, they stopped making it and its really sad to see it go. So if youre reading this, owner of china road, Ill pay more! Bring it back!

Pros: excellent food, good value, huge variety
Cons: out of beef ;;, tempting true meat options

lostgirl12
lostgirl12

my new favorite place

4 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2009

I went searching for China Road after reading about it on this site. I was not disappointed. I have never been to a chinese restaurant that served faux meats before and I was really excited to try out some vegan sesame chicken. My food was delicious and the vegetarian menu was very impressive and large. There were many mock chicken, beef, duck and seafood dishes to choose from along with tofu and veggie options. The only downfall is that most dishes on the vegetarian menu are double the price of the regular menu.

Pros: great food, lots of choices, friendly staff
Cons: more expensive than non vegetarian menu
amandalkent
amandalkent

One of the Best of Syracuse

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2008

Every time I visit Syracuse, China Road is at the top of my list of places to hit up!
I have been going here for years and the service and food is extremely consistent.
The owner is so nice and so is the staff.
The service is fast and friendly.
Most importantly, the food is AMAZING!

Dear Owner and Manager of China Road: