China Pan

Serves meat, veg options available. Has an extensive Chinese vegan menu - look for the green pages of the regular menu. Nice atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1600 Southeast Rd (near Corbins Corner)
Farmington, Connecticut 06032
860-674-1311

First Review by gnomechomsky
Bunhugger
Bunhugger

The Best!

4 Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

I've been going here for years. In my opinion it's the best in the area. They have a huge vegan menu with any mock meat you can imagine. My favorite is the vegan tangerine beef. For sushi, the green river roll rocks! I give this five cows even though this site only let's me give four.

Pros: Best selection, Awesome food, Great service
Cons: None!
MAngelLopez1336
MAngelLopez1336

These people...

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

Are amazing. Great vegan menu. Delicious food, and super friendly service! They were even great with my kids. And as for delivery, they are willing to work with you. And the food doesn't suffer! Vegetarian egg rolls? Yes please!

drng
drng

WONDERFUL!

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2012

This is a gem! We had the vegan general tso's chicken, broccoli in garlic sauce and vegan citrus spare ribs--all were DELICIOUS! Service was extremely friendly and quick. We can't wait to go back and we live one hour away! Right next to TJMaxx and Petco.

Pros: delicious, friendly, nice decor
andrea
andrea

Unbelievable!

4 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2011

My husband was coming home from a day in CT and said he was bringing Chinese food. I was like, but we have two vegan Chinese places here, why bother? He said, This isn't like that. And it wasn't. The General Tsao Chicken is just beyond belief, it's so great. (He brought two!) Twice Cooked Beef? I haven't had it in years, and this made me remember why we loved it our meat-eating days. Everything was awesome in spite of being two hours old when we ate it.
Worth a drive if you are anywhere near it!

nat palm
nat palm

Excellent

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2010

My partner and I are both vegan and absolutely love China Pan. The veg wonton soup for 2 is delicious as are the vegan spare ribs. They offer a vegan menu which quite extensive and tasty. Check it out!

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Attentive staff, Great prices
malibudrea
malibudrea

New owner!! New look!!! Same great menu!!!

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2010

China Pan just switched owners and they have made a few changes at least to the look of the restaurant, but the same great menu is there. There's a flat screen tv on the back wall for karoke anytime and new updated light fixtures. The new owners is super nice, he even gave our group free drinks when he found out we were regulars there! A few new waiters, but the two best - Jay and Sing, are still there. Get to know them, they're friendly and fun! Try the tossed cucumber and the Veg wonton with noodles soup as apps. For dinner I recommend Vegan Pheasant, General Tsao's Veg Chicken, or even the sizzling tofu and veggie dish. Hopefully the new owner will add some new dishes to the menu. Enjoy!

Pros: Large Vegan Menu, Nice atmospher, Jay and Sing
Cons: Wish there was one East of the River
kristin09
kristin09

!!

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2009

I was very excited to see that there was such a highly rated vegan friendly restaurant near me, but what i received highly surpassed all expectations. I almost felt bad eating the "vegan chicken general tsao's because it taste so real. But it was delicious. The waiters were a little crabby but the food was delicious.

Pros: Excellent food, Not too loud, Lot's of seating
Cons: Crabby wait staff, Drafty
xcharliex
xcharliex

CT's Vegan Mecca

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2009

Though on early inspection China Pan looks exactly like any other semi-dingy, dimly lit Chinese sit-down place, they have truly grasped the concept of niche marketing. CT vegans FLOCK to this place with good reason. MASSIVE vegan menu with convincing meat substitutes if you're into that kind of thing. True, the wait staff are "jaded" and the atmosphere is a little... weird, the food is totally worth it. All I can say is VEGAN MONGOLIAN MUTTON. Seriously. Seriously.

Pros: Vegan Mongolian Mutton, Huge vegan menu, usually not very busy
Cons: Bored waiters

i miss this place!

4 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2008

We used to go here every time I went to visit my grandmother. I grew up non-veg and used to love spare ribs and that's what i always ordered when I did Chinese. I can still get them here. It is phenomenal. I had never seen such an amazing veg menu for chinese. I live in Brooklyn now and am still searching for someplace that has as extensive of a menu. I wish it was closer.

gnomechomsky
gnomechomsky

Veggie Heaven

4 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2008

Since moving to Connecticut from Austin, TX I've been frustrated by my vastly diminished veg options. And while China Pan isn't close to home (we drove almost an hour to get there) it is every bit as good as they say and by far the best veg I've had in CT to date. We got the veggie steamed bun and wonton soup for appetizers, followed by the veggie citrus spare ribs and the general tso's mock chicken. Everything was so amazing. And some of the most convincing mock meat I've ever had. We also saw a sign on the door saying that they were adding 'mcChicken nuggets' to their vegan menu. We didn't try these but I wish we had. I can't wait to go back and try the veggie duck and scallops.

Pros: Everything

loved China Pan!!!

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2007

After living in NYC and having amazing vegan food at my doorstep, it's been a rough change having to actually MAKE everything. I tried China Pan last weekend (it was a 45 minute drive-plus i got lost) but it was worth it! Yes, the service seemed a little jaded and left a little to be desired but the food was AWESOME. The appetizer BBQ 'boneless spare ribs' were so amazing that i actually called the waiter over; it was so unbelievable that it was actually TVP and not real meat. The four pages of the vegan menu were almost too much for me to take...I settled on the General Tsos 'chicken' and it too, was fantastic. I can't say enough about this place (the beer was super-cheap too, which is ffffffffaaaaaaantastical)I can't wait to go back, my fiance and i might end up there for Valentines Day, in fact- and I can't wait to try everything

Pros: variety, amazing food, cheap alcohol
Cons: service was iffy, cheesy decor

Dear Owner and Manager of China Pan: