Chin Hua Vegetarian Food

Buffet restaurant. Confirmed open by happycow member Jan 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Chinese, Fast food, Buffet, Catering, Take-out, Delivery
37, Jalan Kota Laksamana 1/2, Taman Kota Laksamana Seksyen 1/2
Malacca, Malaysia 75200
016-6466366, 6681736

Open 9am-3pm, 6-11pm.

First Review by enRoute
Bob Sultan
Bob Sultan

Alive, Well, and Serving Great Food (really cheap)

4 Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

I saw in the blurb for this restaurant that it might be closed. I just ate there (Jan 4, 2014). The place is alive and well; and serving a great buffet at really cheap prices. Don't miss it. I also recommend the fresh lime juice for 1.5 ringit... excellent.

Pros: great food, very cheap, nice staff
Eric_
Eric_

Fantastic

4 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2013

Great food, can't understand how they can surive with those low prices though. Definately a place to visit when in town.

Pros: Dirt cheap, Location (when you know it), Local feeling
Cons: A bit difficult to find
amarcm
amarcm

Cheap and cheerful

4 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2011

THis is a ramshackle, friendly neighbourhood place, with locals, mainly Chinese and Indians casually strolling in, filling up their plates and eating in silence.

There is a buffet- you fill your plate and then the waitress makes a quick judgement of the price- my plates ranged between 4 and 6 ringit. It would seem easier to me just to say 5 ringit per plate...but maybe this is some ancient Chinese custom of judging the price of a plate according to the eye which I am not familiar with.

Anyway, the food itself is variable, some days great, others just passable. The best item I tasted was what I think is a Nyonya dish of eggplant cooked with a kind of sambal paste. In fact one day I thought to myself...'this is the best plate of food I have ever eaten for $1.50!'.

There are also about a dozen or so alacarte options, mainly mees and claypot type dishes.

Pros: cheap

JessicaWoh
JessicaWoh

All you can eat for dirt cheap!

3 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2011

This place has a great selection of vegetable and mock-meat dishes, for an incredible price. Two of us ate heaping platefuls for RM8! Some of the mock-meat dishes are a bit greasy, but for the price, you really can't complain. Decent atmosphere too, and reasonably clean. Would go there again.

Pros: Cheap, All-Veggie, Close to town
Cons: Greasy
enRoute
enRoute

nice, basic place

3 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2010

the thing about this place is that it's one of the few all-veggie places open late in the area. it's on a street of casual chinese food joints, down towards the 7-11, and has fresh juices, typical Chinese buffet fare, mock meats, curry, stewed veggies and some Nyona dishes until late (closing time is 11 but I ate there at 11:30). friendly and basic.

Pros: open late, cheap, friendly
Cons: pretty basic, a little scruffy, there's better veg in malacca

Dear Owner and Manager of Chin Hua Vegetarian Food: