Opened summer 2013 as vegetarian restaurant and became all vegan one year after. Offers salads, smoothies, baked goods, and brunch on Sunday. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, German

First Review by Jayneisastarr
Plantpower
Plantpower

Good dining

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2014

Not sure about the debate if they are fully vegan or not. All their food is, not sure about the wines or juices.

We tried 3 different mains and they were all yummy. They were really like the non-vegan counterpart, so if you want some "classic" non-vegan dishes in a vegan way, this is the place to go. I personally don't always need cream substitutes, meat substitutes, or whipped cream. All in all a very nice dining experience, everyone was very pleased with their food and drinks. Also the non-vegans in our group were very impressed and enjoyed their food.

DianeG
DianeG

Wonderful find for American family

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2014

We only had one night in Frankfurt before a flight and happily found Chimichurri. The menu was inventive and the food was delicious! Our waitress was very friendly and translated everything on the menu. Our son had a schnitzel with potatoes and herb sauce and lovely side salad. I had a crisp pizza type dish with vegan cheese and veggies. My husband had tofu medallions with a Brazilian sauce and green beans, and our daughter had tagliatelle with mushrooms. We all loved our dishes and would return if we had more time. Nice beverage list too. Cash only.

Pros: Menu, Staff
DIN8
DIN8

Disappointing

2 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

I was very exited when the Chimichurri opened last year as they advertised to be “most likely the first vegan restaurant” in Frankfurt. Well, they are not. Maybe they were the first restaurant in Frankfurt offering exclusively vegan food (considering the Savory as a café). But as they have been offering non-vegan wines and fruit juices ever since they opened, they are NOT a vegan restaurant.

Nevertheless, we gave it a try (I don’t drink wine and juice anyway). First of all, the atmosphere was quite nice and the service was friendly although it was very crowded and we didn’t have a reservation. Usually, I have a look at the menu in the internet before I go to a restaurant but the daily changing menu is not (or at least not regularly) published on their homepage or Facebook or Twitter or whatever. So you will have to go there on a wing and prayer. If you don’t like either of the two mains – bad luck. The day we went there I had a vegetable stew which was good but nothing special. My wife had the “cheese spaetzle” which were to be honest a bit dull.

We were thinking of giving the Chimichurri another try but with another actually vegan restaurant just a 100 meters away, we won’t.

Pros: friendly staff
Cons: non-vegan wines and juices, limited menu, unexciting food

Dafyddcaerdydd
Dafyddcaerdydd

Excellent food

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2013

A menu that changes daily. Vegan food that is not of the hair shirt variety but enjoyable. My vegetarian wife even enjoyed the desserts, often a low point in vegan restaurants. She also enjoyed the machiatto late made with soya milk. Good atmosphere, good wines, just a few minutes walk from the metro.

Pros: Wines, Desserts, Locations
PraveenGopinath
PraveenGopinath

Friendly place open till late

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2013

We found the staff to be very friendly. We got there little late as it was difficult to find parking. We stopped over in Frankfurt just to eat on the way from Interlaken to Paderborn. We had another 3+ hours of drive ahead of us. They were very quick in delivering all the dishes. Waitress patiently explained us every dish. I believe there was no English version of the menu. But, the staff spoke very good english. Taste of some of the dishes were not bad but some were pretty good. We could not spend much time as we were in such a hurry. But, next time will be sure to spend some good time reviewing the menu ordering few more dishes.. Worth visiting.

Poppycat
Poppycat

Frankfurt's first vegan restaurant

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2013

Chimichurri is the first VEGAN restaurant in Frankfurt.
They have wide variety of wines and champagnes. However not all of them are vegan.
The food menu is likely to be changed weekly or every few weeks. They had two type of soups, three appetizers, three mains and two delicious desserts. They provide international and german cuisine.
the salad was very fresh. It contains a variety of ingredients with strawberry dressing. I loved the Seitan stew. The red wine sauce flavor was a nice touch. The cheese spaetzle was a bit different from the normal one but I thought it's a well made vegan version. It was creamy and light. The creme brulle was more like custard cream but tasty anyhow.
The Price and the amount served is fair. Very open environment with friendly staff.
I would recommend to make a reservation for this popular restaurant.
I can recommend to visit this restaurant in an emerging neighborhood near Bornheim.

• nayan nayan

with all due respect , it was not the first vegan restaurant, the first vegan restaurant was savory that opened a few weeks ahead of this one. a must try though..stay vegan

Jayneisastarr
Jayneisastarr

Enjoyable Vegan Dining Experience

4 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

Took a bit of a gamble in going here as there were no previous reviews to go by and I was travelling quite a distance to go there. However, I was not disappointed. This is a lovely little restaurant-cum-bar with a friendly atmosphere. The staff were lovely and spoke fluent English (making up for my bumbling German). The menu is all vegan and appears to be ever changing with a Daily Specials print-out. There are many options for mains - I had the Flammkuchen which I would describe as a very light pizza. The ingredients were fresh and the meal was tasty. For dessert there was one option which was a Schokolade Creme Brulee with fruit. This was something a bit different but still very nice - kind of like a chocolate moose and candy combination.
The thing I like most about all vegan restaurants is when they don't exude any kind of 'hippy' vibe. You are just walking into a nice establishment where the menu happens to be vegan. Definitely recommend.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Tasty food, Friendly staff
Cons: Dessert menu not extensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Chimichurri: