Serves meat, veg options available. Locally owned restaurant with many vegan options. Supports local farms. Closed on Mon. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Western, International, Beer/Wine, Southwestern, Non-veg

First Review by eesworthy
nardanddee
nardanddee

lovely

4 Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

I went there for lunch before my flight out and didn't see the items on the menu that were on the website. However I figured that I would get the veggie plate and that would have to suffice. The waitress asked if I was a vegan and stated that even though the vegan burrito is on the dinner menu, she would have the kitchen make it for me. She even said that if I didn't like it she would eat it and not charge me. Well it was wonderful! A large meal that is worth forcing yourself to eat every morsel. Perfect blend of sweetness and spiciness.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty options, street parking
eesworthy
eesworthy

Yum!

4 Posted on 07 / 18 / 2012

Came here on our way thru and was very happy with the extensive options for veg*ns. Menu designates that dishes could be made with tofu or black bean burger as protein option. I ordered the vegan burrito which was a flavorful mix of sweet and spicy. The plantains were a nice and unusual touch. While the burrito itself was very good, the "fruit salsas" it was served with we're nothing special. I was disappointed given that it's summer and peaches are everywhere in the southeast. The remainder of the plate was fine, but a little under-seasoned and uninspired.

Overall, thus was a nice little place with a lot of veg*n choices in a town with little else that I've found. I give this 4 happy cows, if for no other reason then they care enough to make it veg-friendly.

Pros: Options, Flavor combos
Cons: Side items are uninspired

Dear Owner and Manager of Chicora Alley: