Serves meat, veg options available. Locally owned restaurant with many vegan options. Supports local farms. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Southwestern, Non-veg

Tue-Sun 11:30am-2:00am

First Review by eesworthy
hamish193
hamish193

Good Veg Options

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2015

I've only ever been to the Mauldin location of Chicora Alley, but for some reason, that location doesn't appear on the map.

Nice veg options. You can swap either Jerk Tofu or a veggie black bean burger for any of their burger selections. Also can substitute tofu for meat in their tacos. I really like their Vegan burrito.

Excellent local beer selections as well.

Ruthanna
Ruthanna

Delicious!

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2015

They are a little hard to find ~ they are ACTUALLY in an alley. It is well worth it!

nardanddee
nardanddee

lovely

Posted on 01 / 20 / 2013

I went there for lunch before my flight out and didn't see the items on the menu that were on the website. However I figured that I would get the veggie plate and that would have to suffice. The waitress asked if I was a vegan and stated that even though the vegan burrito is on the dinner menu, she would have the kitchen make it for me. She even said that if I didn't like it she would eat it and not charge me. Well it was wonderful! A large meal that is worth forcing yourself to eat every morsel. Perfect blend of sweetness and spiciness.

Pros: friendly staff, tasty options, street parking

eesworthy
eesworthy

Yum!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2012

Came here on our way thru and was very happy with the extensive options for veg*ns. Menu designates that dishes could be made with tofu or black bean burger as protein option. I ordered the vegan burrito which was a flavorful mix of sweet and spicy. The plantains were a nice and unusual touch. While the burrito itself was very good, the "fruit salsas" it was served with we're nothing special. I was disappointed given that it's summer and peaches are everywhere in the southeast. The remainder of the plate was fine, but a little under-seasoned and uninspired.

Overall, thus was a nice little place with a lot of veg*n choices in a town with little else that I've found. I give this 4 happy cows, if for no other reason then they care enough to make it veg-friendly.

Pros: Options, Flavor combos
Cons: Side items are uninspired

Dear Owner and Manager of Chicora Alley: