They have a nice veg menu, and the General Tso's soy-chikn is excellent !
We were in Saco for a vacation and my family let me choose where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner and I found Chia Sen on Happycow.net! Yay! I have been an ovo-lacto-vegetarian for a year and a half and haven't really explored vegetarian restaurants. But Chia Sen had a whole page of vegetarian options! I was so excited! Usually it's only a paragraph (if that).
I had the Sesame Soy Chicken. I was rather nervous about eating it because it looked so much like the (once alive) chicken that my family was eating and the texture and taste was mostly like I remember chicken!It was excellent! I highly recommend this restaurant! It looked like it was closed from far away, but that is just because they closed the shades for ambiance. My carnivorous family enjoyed their meat and I enjoyed my soy so it is a great place for everyone to get some delicious Chinese food!Pros: realistic soy meat, good rice, nice sized portions for sharing
Cons: rather pricey
I go here a lot, the soy beef w/ orange flavor and the soy beef w/broccoli are my favs. I wish it was all vegan.Pros: yummy, nice people, cute place
Cons: not all vegan
Very, very good soymeat dishes. The texture is good, the flavor is amazing. Try the "Orange Chicken" or the "General Tso's". We've eaten there 3 times now and each time it has been excellent.Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, affordable
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Scarborough Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Chia Sen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 612 times since Jan 2013.