Changing menu of vegetarian and vegan food. Price: Moderate more-less

Leeena
Leeena

very tasty dishes

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

I visited this place with three friends. We all really enjoyed the meal and the staff was very friendly. It was one of the best vegan dishes I ever ate. But the preperation of our maincourse took more than an hour and that was really hard because we were really hungry. ;)
I really liked the atmosphere, the big wooden tables and the people around us. They have a little but nice kids playing area.

Pros: vegan dishes (delicious), vegan wines
Cons: long time of waiting
DylanPalmer
DylanPalmer

AMAZING!!!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

This place had AMAZING food, EXTREMELY friendly staff that made us feel very comfortable. The chef brought the food to the table himself, food that tasted absolutely fantastic. The restaurant can become very busy, so making a reservation might be a good idea if you have your heart set on this place. Definitely try this one, it isn't an experience you'll soon forget.

Pros: The food., The service., The unique wine selection.
Cons: It's popularity, which says something.
BirgitA
BirgitA

Empfehlenswert!

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

Wir waren auf der Durchreise und haben zum Glück das Chesmu gefunden :-)
Freundliche Bedienung, sehr große Portionen und einfach lecker! Frische Zutaten und gut gewürzt, sehr gerne wieder!

Tara HD
Tara HD

Very good vegetarian and vegan food

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2013

Chesmu is the only vegetarian restaurant in Nuremberg which isn't focused on fast food but rather on "fine vegetarian and vegan cuisine" (that's what they say about themselves and I agree). I've been there three times so far and always really liked it. There were always several vegan options for the main course but only one vegan desert and one vegan wine.

If you like to have a really nice vegetarian or vegan dinner out, this is the place to go in Nuremberg. Take your time - it really isn't fast food!

Pros: very good vegetarian and vegan food, nice atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: a bit slow (but good to slow down)
greenhexi
greenhexi

Good food, nice place

4 Posted on 12 / 24 / 2012

I came here on an afternoon and had the place to myself. Staff was knowledgable to advise what of the day's specials was vegan. Food was good, all true things, no fake meat.

Pros: Good food, Vegan options
Arif
Arif

Worth a visit

3 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2012

A charming and friendly place with a varied menu, but unfortunately very little of which is for vegans. On the evening we were there, they were very accomodating and were able to make the risotto dish vegan by substituting "Hafer Cuisine" (oat-based cream substitute) for the cream sauce. The result was very satisfying and filling, but I think it could have been a little more tasty. On other nights, with other menu variations, it may be easier or harder to veganize some of the dishes. Not to be missed is the small salad--fresh and with a DELICIOUS dressing (avocado-lemon, if I remember correctly). Prices are about average for a city restaurant in Germany, most main dishes were about EUR 10. The waitress seemed to be new and the restaurant was full on the night we went there, so she got a bit flustered with our many requests, but after a while she got into gear and by the end of the meal I was left with a very good impression of the service. My dining companions didn't think she had earned it, but I insisted on giving her a good tip. It's well worth a try, the menu is quite creative and some dishes are sure to be tasty, but vegans may end up a bit disappointed.

Pros: varied menu, great for lactos, good prices
Cons: may be disappointing for vegans
Bunuelos
Bunuelos

Chesmu Cafe

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

Went there for dinner on our trip to Nurnberg, they had no english menu, and the waitress didn't speak a lot of english, so with limited help, we ordered few dishes blindly. the wait time for food was a bit long, but taste turns out great! will go back again.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: food was slow, no english menu
heremydear
heremydear

recommended

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

Nice location, which made me feel comfortable (even though I went there alone). I had a dish called Apple Goulash, which didn't contain many apples, but was very delicious. I can't complain about the service, which was friendly and fast in my case. I think I'll come back, when I'm in Nürnberg again (at least after trying Cafe Klatsch, which was closed this time).

Pros: nice atmosphere, good food, friendly staff
unwilted
unwilted

Hit or Miss

3 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2010

Chesmu is slightly upscale for a vegetarian place, and we've had a good experience there before. We've also had horrible service there, waiting exactly two hours between ordering and getting food. I'm not a big service snob, and I'm totally down with a slow European dinner. The food is good, but we're a bit hesitant to return given our 2 hour debacle of waiting for the food last time (and it wasn't even particularly busy).

Dear Owner and Manager of Chesmu: