Cherry Reds Cafe and Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. British cafe with a couple locations. Serves cafe grub like sandwiches and burgers, chilli, snacks and drinks. Some veggie choices, a few vegan ones - try the cake. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, British, English, Western, American, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
90 John Bright Street (city centre)
Birmingham, England
0121 643 5716

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by alia_801
veggieram
veggieram

Better Red than...

Posted on 04 / 10 / 2015

Dead good, this place. I was introduced to the delights of Cherry Reds by friends who have been seduced into making it their 'local'. Personally, I like the fact that vegans and veggies are catered for together with meat eaters; not much point preaching to the converted. The Hearty Vegan all day breakfast is great, using tofu as a substitute for scrambled egg; lesser appetites are accommodated too. I like the friendliness of the place, the food (of course), the beer, the tattoos... Good location, too.

Pros: Choice of food, Friendly staff, Good beer
alia_801
alia_801

Try the apple crumble cake!

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2015

I visited Cherry Reds twice over a few days with different friends, and both were impressed. We found some comfy seats in the corner where we could chat, interrupted only by the coffee machine from time to time. The menu has lots of clearly marked vegan options, and one section allows you to choose salad, baked potato or sandwich versions of a number of fillings.

On my first visit I opted for apple crumble cake for elevenses - and then went back for seconds! The second time around, I had a falafel burger with added houmous. It came with some amazing chips - some of the best I've had in ages.

Ordering is at the bar. Staff are friendly (though sometimes you have to attract attention) and food comes fairly quickly. There's a big cabinet of sauces etc. and you help yourself to cutlery when ordering. Worth a visit if you're in the area - or worth a trip for the apple crumble cake alone!

Pros: Good choice of vegan food, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Cherry Reds Cafe and Bar: