Vegan bakery offers an extensive range of savory pies and sweet baked goods. Caters. closed Sun-Mon. more-less
5 Aroha Terrace

aberdoch
aberdoch

Cherry Darlings

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2014

Probably the the best vegan bakery I’ve ever been to. Rolls, pies, cupcakes, croissants, tons of cakes. Milkshakes and ice cream sundaes for $6.50. Glad to see it was really, really busy. Opened 6 months ago. No wi-fi.

tanyshaharry
tanyshaharry

100% Cruelty Free Bakery - what else to say?

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

Every item is vegan at this bakery, including the drinks.
Staff are super friendly :)
I have had a range of items from here, but my favourite was on the last visit: I had a "ham" and "cheese" croissant. The vegan ham was tasty, and the cheese was their own homemade cheddar style - and it was amazing! I loved it!

Wide range of sweets and savouries, drinks available incl. coffee/milkshakes etc. (all vegan!).

Sadly, one negative:
The last time I went there I parked in the back and had to walk back down the driveway to enter the shop - bit weird/dangerous. (Please let me know if you can access the shop via another way - because I didn't see one)

Pros: Delicious, 100% Vegan, Friendly staff and vibe!
Cons: No rear entry from carpark, If I lived closer I would get fat, On that note it's too far away from me
Clizzy-J
Clizzy-J

Amazing vegan treats! Am I in heaven??

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2014

This cute little cafe just by the Forestville tram stop offers a great choice of freshly baked vegan savory treats like pies and 'sausage' rolls and a massive array sweet things for afterwards. Offering a number of dairy free milks for your coffee or smoothie and freshly squeezed juices. The atmosphere here is very relaxed and the owners/staff are always very friendly.
So if you care about how your food choices affect the planet, it's people and all of the creatures with which we share it (or if you just like great pies), get on down to Cherry Darlings and show your support!
Keep up the good work guys and see you (very) soon!!

Pros: Totally vegan, totally tasty!, Great food, great value!, Friendly atmosphere!
Cons: Closed Sundays, be warned.

Ausargent
Ausargent

Darling of Adelaide

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

Cherry Darlings is located in Forestville right near a tram line. Not particularly easy to find but you'll know when you see it. There is limited car parking at the rear but the area isn't busy anyway.

It's a typically cramped bakery/cafe with some seating but there is seating at the rear as well. This place was opened recently and is deservedly popular but not usually too crowded because most take their purchases with them.

It is all vegan here. Food prices are quite on par with what you expect and are reasonably sized. I have enjoyed their food. Cherry Darlings in-house produce as many components of their cakes and savouries as they can and it pays off in taste. Really. Pies, cherry slices, vanilla slices, Berliners and banoffee pie and more. Overall I think it is better then most regular bakeries. I find the finish quite clean and their versions of meat or dairy-centric food can be very convincing.

They vary their menu here and there with some favourites that seem permanent. They do sell out of a few things fairly often but there's plenty more to choose from. The range is fairly similar to most bakeries.

The service is friendly, lively and quick as well.

The style here is heavily bakery complete with baking utensils and scifi thrown in just to make you think.

This review covers three or so visits.

Pros: Service, Yum, Decent range
nstrawbr
nstrawbr

A Must For Anyone

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

This is a must for anyone but especially vegans. Really friendly staff and great food.

Pros: Great Range, Tasty, Friendly Staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Cherry Darlings Bakehouse: