Vegetarian South Indian food restaurant, prior to July 2013 was Dosa Diner. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

First Review by HappyMonkey
MHC48
MHC48

Tasty food, careless waiters.

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2013

The food was tasty and filling and unlike many ethnic restaurants, they serve it to you spiced the same way as they do to the many Indian patrons. However, unlike a comment above, I found them lax about vegan vs. vegetarian. The menu doesn't specify and it is possible to unknowingly order a dish with Indian cheese. In addition, on one visit for lunch I was told that one buffet chafing dish was vegan but it clearly had dairy which another employee later confirmed. Coming another time for dinner I asked for and was assured I'd get a vegan, combination thali plate altered so that it had no dairy. But it was served with raita.

In short, the food is quite tasty, and I'd definitely recommend it. But if you're vegan, you need to have some independent knowledge of what different Indian dishes contain.

Pros: Great variety, Richly spiced, Informal, inexpensive
Cons: Lax & careless over vegan vs. dairy, Informal diner-like decor
Vegan Goddess
Vegan Goddess

great

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2010

Good food, big quantities, reasonable prices. And they tell the truth about what's vegan and what's veggie-unlike House of Dosas which should be avoided.

HappyMonkey
HappyMonkey

Delicious Dosas!

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2008

When we lived in the city we drove to Hicksville to eat here. Now that we have a home in Hicksville we are here at least once a week. Very thoughtful, attentive staff will make sure your food is vegan and remember you the next time you drop in. The dosas are wonderful--great presentation and the chana masala with puri is awesome--though greasy--as it should be. We start with the very spicy rasam soup. I can't recommend this place enough. Is see the other review criticized the decor--it has been updated and it is a nice atmosphere.

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Excellent service, Beautiful decor
Cons: Sometime crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Chennai Dosa: