Serves meat, veg options available. Casual atmosphere with some veggie choies. At night this place turns into a bar venue with usually live music. After 10pm, you must be 18 or older to enter. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Southern American, Soul food, Non-veg

cakenstein
cakenstein

For the Creative Vegan

Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

I would love to give Chelsea's Cafe a 5-star review. They always provide wonderful service and offer a lively albeit comfortable atmosphere that's exactly what I'm looking for on a Friday night. However, I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of vegan options at this youthful offbeat restaurant. While vegetarian options are in greater supply, vegan options are few and far between. The veggie burger is not vegan and the pasta contains eggs. Many of the side vegetables dishes are cooked in butter, though olive oil can be substituted. For vegans, Chelsea's offers a grilled veggies & couscous medly that is pretty darn tasty. I'm hardly one to complain about a huge plate of hummus (sans feta cheese!!), but I'd be inclined to eat here much more often if they offered more vegan options, including a VEGAN Veggie Burger.

Pros: Atmosphere, Bar, Service
Cons: Limited Vegan Options
nonyabizz
nonyabizz

Excellent

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2011

I like this place a lot. True, the choices are limited for veggies only, but that is to be expected. I *love* the couscous dish, and I get the vegetables steamed rather than grilled.

JennyFuzzyHead
JennyFuzzyHead

A Louisiana Tradition of Yumminess!

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2010

A great place to chill on a Friday evening after work. (or anytime). Yum food. Not a WHOLE lot to choose from in the vegan realm, but enough to get by. Their hummus is out of this world. Their cous-cous dish, with no cheese, is a great meal. The ambiance is the best part. You *will* have a great time @ Chelsea's.

Pros: Delicious food, Healthy , Chill Ambiance
Cons: Slim Vegan Choices

veggie_librarian
veggie_librarian

Great place...perfect for all diets.

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2010

I have (as a vegetarian) NEVER had trouble finding yummy food at Chelsea's. I love thier soups and sandwiches. It's perfect for "mixed" groups of vegetarians and carnivores and they have a great bar too. I miss this place since I moved from BR and I hope to go back on my next visit!

Pros: great menu, friendly staff, great bar
Cons: a little hard to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Chelsea's Cafe: