Chef Sara's Raw Vegan...

Fully raw, vegan, organic, gluten free, soy free, nightshade free, low glycemic cafe in Cave Creek, surrounded by mountains, cactus, and hiking trails, 30-minute drive from Phoenix airport. Offers a 3 weeks Back to Health program as well as intensive training program for those who want to pursue a career as a certified raw vegan chef. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, Organic, American, International

First Review by MerrillKay
MichaelTaylor
MichaelTaylor

great food warm reception

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2014

As soon as we walked in we were greeted warmly by chef Sara. What a sweet lady. She takes the time to explain everything on the menu. The food was great and the atmosphere was inspiring. A must go for vegans and raw vegans alike.

Vegan Barb
Vegan Barb

Incredible and Amazing!!!

5 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

I have eaten here twice in the past few weeks. The food is amazing, fills you up, and is so healthy. It doesn't taste like raw food. It's some of the best food I have ever eaten. Even my 14 year old granddaughter loves it!. Sara is amazing! She is brilliant, knowledgeable, and so willing to share her knowledge with all her guests. If you're interested in learning about delicious, fabulous raw food and aren't afraid to experiment a bit, you absolutely must eat here!

Pros: Raw, Delicious, Sara is amazing!
yvettetravels
yvettetravels

AMAZING & FRESH!!!

5 Posted on 10 / 12 / 2012

I just tried Chef Sara Raw Vegan Academy & Cafe today. The food, service, and atmosphere can be summed up in one word. Phenomenal! When you come in the door, chef Sara gives you a hardy "hello, and welcome!" She's behind the counter preparing food, but finds time to give each customer personal attention. Chef Sara really makes you feel welcomed. I tried the almond hummus, ravioli, and for dessert I had the tiramisu. Everything was fantastic and full of flavor. Even if you're not vegan or vegetarian, this is a must-try. I'll definitely be back for seconds.

Pros: Super Friendly Staff, Calming Vibe, Fresh Food
CariDandy
CariDandy

Young Coconut Crepe Wrap was a wonderful lunch!

5 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2012

I had never been to Sara's Raw Vegan Academy and Cafe, but had been meaning to try it for the past year! It's a little off the beaten path - tucked behind another business (Big Bronco), but very worth the hunt. At another patron's suggestion, I tried the Young Coconut Crepe Wrap, and loved how deliciously fresh everything tasted. Also tried the tiramisu - and although vegan and raw, it was even more delicious that any other I'd ever tried! I will definitely be going back! (They are closed for July and August this summer, though.)

Pros: Chef Sara's personality, Fresh, healthy cuisine, Variety of items
Cons: A little on the expensive side
rvbound
rvbound

excellent

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2012

my husband and I decided to give this a try for lunch and we're glad we did. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the food fresh, flavorful and beautifully presented. I would highly recommend.

Pros: healthy food, tasty food, wonderful presentation

KristinMehrnia
KristinMehrnia

Great Food!

5 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2012

We ate here for the first time recently and loved the food. Chef Sara takes time to visit with her patrons, which is always nice. The pizza was my favorite dish, my husband loved the ravioli. And we all LOVED the desserts! :)

Pros: healthy, Delicious, Friendly staff
lucvicto
lucvicto

AMAZING HEALING FOOD!

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2011

As someone who does research in nutrition I was blown away by the quality of each ingredient carefully selected by Chef Sara. The raw, organic dishes are a feast for all the senses. Great value for the quality of ingredients used. It is truly a treat to enjoy such delicious food with so many healing properties. Thank you Sara for the love, research and care that goes into preparation of you beautiful food!
Lucie Marlo, Ph.D

Pros: Healthy, Great value, Great Interior
nicolasiso
nicolasiso

Exceptionally tasty (and healthy) food!

5 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2011

Chef Sara is a true master at the art of creating mouth watering
meals. Her cafe offers 100% organic raw vegan dishes that are
also free from gluten, soy, peanuts, cashews and refined sugar.
Every bite explodes with flavor! You must try her famous
Rawgazmic sandwich and her tiramisu. Ooooh and the key lime pie is simply divine! I can't wait to go back!

It's a perfect place for a date or a group meetup. Chef Sara will welcome you with open arms! She's the best!!!

Updated from previous review on Monday March 28, 2011

Pros: Raw vegan & organic, Healthy, Spotless restaurant
  • non-vegetarian

Best Veggie Wraps

5 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2011

Chef Sara's Root Vegetable Wraps are the best in the state. They are remarkably filling, tasty and nutritious. Chef Sara has a unique ability to combine flavors that will have you begging for more.
Valley of the Sun, The Farmers Market Cookbook

Pros: Excellent fook
Mary_Burgess
Mary_Burgess

Amazing attention to detail!

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2011

I was first introduced to Chef Sara via the Farmer's Market in Scottsdale one beautiful Saturday morning. She stood at her booth looking very professional as she engaged people in conversation and offering samples of some of her delicious, home-made products. I was so impressed! From there I went on to take several of her instructional raw food classes and was amazed at her attention to detail, including presentation, and the simply delicious end results! Now I juice regularly and enjoy making healthful dishes at home. I always look forward to visiting her Raw Food Cafe. I can't think of a more perfect way to treat myself! Chef Sara continues to amaze . . . Thank you, Chef Sara!

Pros: excellent food, artistic presentation, professional staff
Cons: exceptional dining atmosphere
Holly Parsons
Holly Parsons

Best Raw Vegan / Vegetarian Restaurant Ever !!!

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2011

I had been losing my battle with diabetes for some time when I was introduced to Sara's restaurant by a friend. I was not well, in denial and addicted to sugar. Refusing the allopathic approach; I followed my intuition and decided to strictly adhere to Sara's raw organic vegan menu and green juices entirely. For several weeks I ate only at her restaurant - taking Sara's salad and green juices daily. My improvement has been remarkable.
Sara put's so much love into her food it's palpable....
Her food is the freshest purest most exquisitely combined and delicious I have ever tasted. My health began improving and within 5 days I was 25 % better overall and my improvement in energy and vitality has continued to rise ever since.
Her mantra "Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food" rings in my mind regularly. The atmosphere in her restaurant is incredibly beautiful and is in itself a healing environment....don't waste any time....Sara's Organic Raw Vegan Academy is a world class destination!!!

Pros: Delicious, Pure, Healing Food
Cons: None, None, None
sheri03
sheri03

Amazing food and what an education!!

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

I couldn't wait to try this cafe from the day I heard it had opened. We were not disappointed! The food was amazing and we learned so much. I can't wait to sign up for a class and come back soon when the live music starts.

BeeGaul
BeeGaul

Great Food - Inspired Us to Buy a Dehydrator!

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

My lovely bride and I visited Chef Sara's a couple of months ago and absolutely loved our meal! Sara was about to close up shop for the season but still had plenty of great stories and vegan food to share with us. The vegan pizza and sushi were especially memorable. Because of our experience, we purchased a dehydrator and are making kale chips and onion bread regularly. We will definitely be back!!

Pros: Very friendly owner, super healthy, very clean
Cons: Pricey
jaimee
jaimee

Raw

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

It is wonderful to have a raw place to dine so close to home! The ingredients used are of the highest quality. We love the food and enjoy the atmosphere. Chef Sarah is always warm and welcoming. The only sad part is that it is a bit costly for an active family of 4 or we would go more often though...

Pros: healthy cuisine, friendly staff, excellent food
Cons: costly
MerrillKay
MerrillKay
  • raw

Amazing Raw Food!!

5 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2011

I highly recommend Chef Sara's Raw Vegan Restaurant. A treasure of a restaurant not to be missed. The food is absolutely delicious...from juices, to entrees, to desserts! The atmosphere is inviting and cozy. You will want to meet Chef Sara herself...she is a vibrant soul and has a beautiful, warm welcome for everyone!

Pros: Falafel Wraps, Pies, Cacao Truffles

Dear Owner and Manager of Chef Sara's Raw Vegan Academy and Cafe: