Self-serve buffet. Pay for food by weight. Open daily during Chinese vegetarian festival in October. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by JesseD
Georgie Porgie
Georgie Porgie

Decent, cheap vegan food

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2012

I've been eating here for many years. It used to be 25 baht for all you can eat, but that was long ago.
It is all vegan food and not my favorite restaurant of this type in Chiang Mai, but good enough if you are in the area.

Pros: cheap, clean
Cons: not much food left after 1 PM, closes early

Classic Chinese buffet style

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2011

This restaurant closes at 2:00pm so don't come much past 1:30. A previous reviewer mentioned that it was on the left side of the alley but it is on the right. Look for the red sign halfway down the block. I found the food quite good though it would likely be fresher if I came earlier. Food is weighed to calculate cost. Still very reasonable.

Great Chinese Vegetarian Restaurant

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2009

I went to Che Om Bun twice, and both times it was near closing time, so there was little left, but it was still well worth the walk. So be early if possible!
The owner is Chinese, but has lived in Thailand for 40 years, and it appears to be staffed by his Chinese/Thai family. Food was excellent, especially for the price. It was mostly Chinese, with a few Thai vegetables and flavours; some was spicy and some wasn't.
They speak little English (but Chinese if that helps) but with the 'point and pay by weight system' it does not matter - they were very happy to see a falang. All the food I saw was vegan, but I can't be sure it always will be, but being Chinese, any non-vegan food should be very obvious.
It was a little hard to find: look for the "Vegetarian" sign on the left as you walk south, under a the red "Cimb Thai" bank.

Highly recommended.
Highly recommended!

Pros: Good food, Cheap
Cons: Quite a long way away from the centre.

Dear Owner and Manager of Che Om Bun: