Chay Village - Friedrichshain

Second Chay Viet restaurant in Berlin, opened Jan 2014. Serves vegetarian Vietnamese food and most of the food is either vegan, or can be made vegan on request. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Vietnamese, Asian

Kyttiara
Kyttiara

Love it!

5 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

I absolutely love this place! The food is so different from what I had before, the spices.. God it's so original, tasty, well prepared (careful, not everything is vegan please ask and INSIST)
The bimbap is crazy and so good, I always have this soy Meat in a spicy mix and it's so damn good! They don't have so much desserts but the portions are really nice so you don't really need one :) They also have nice drinks. I will come every time I can!

Pros: amazingly cooked food, very original, nice loc
Cons: careful with the eggs in some dishes
MaxFranke
MaxFranke

Biggest variety of vegearian/vegan vietnamese food

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

You don't have to ask that they replace chicken for tofu. They offer a great variety of dishes with different styles of tofu and seitan. Everything was fresh and delicious!

Pros: vegetarian only, fresh food, good value
Vegan_Lou
Vegan_Lou

Fresh, Healthy and Veg*n

5 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

I was sure what to expect from this place as there weren't many reviews. Despite this we decided to go as we wanted something fresh and healthy - so thought Vietnamese food would be ideal. The menu is about 90% vegan, the rest vegetarian.

Berlin is a very cool city; however, the service is restaurants is woeful. Surprisingly our waitress was incredible. I guess speaking Vietnamese, German & English helps. Beyond this she was attentive but not over bearing.

The food was fresh and some of the best Vietnamese food I have had. The best part was the price and portions. We had a lot of food for very little. If you're on a budget this is well worth a visit. German food lacks spice which was why this place was especially appreciated. As such I had to effectively plead for my dishes to be spicy as opposed to 'German spicy'. Incredible restaurant.

Pros: tasty authentic food, cheap, great staff
Cons: it is not fully vegan

J-Veg
J-Veg

Delicious Vietnamese veggie food 2.0

5 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2014

I'm a fan of the food they do at their restaurant in Schöneberg in the west of the city (http://www.happycow.net/reviews/chay-village-berlin-32227) and I was glad to find out that they opened another restaurant further east, closer to where I live.

All the food is freshly prepared and there are some really interesting traditional Vietnamese dishes (which, according to my Vietnamese friends, was really authentic) as well as more Thai inspired dishes. Most of the menu is vegan and it seems that the only non-vegan items can be made vegan by removing the egg or honey. I'd definitely recommend it.

Pros: Delicious, Fresh, Authentic Vietnamese food

Dear Owner and Manager of Chay Village - Friedrichshain: