A vegetarian Indian fast food eatery with a gift shop area. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

Kimberly Steele
Kimberly Steele

Dairy Addicts Strike Again

Posted on 02 / 21 / 2013

I wrote a fantastic review of this place a few months ago and unfortunately, a bad experience means I have to take it back. Chataka Masti has affordable Indian food for lacto-vegetarians who like hot spices. it seems if you don't like the burn of hot peppers, you're SOL at any Indian restaurant in the United States, but that is another topic altogether. I happen to like hot peppers, so not an issue for me. My problem with Chataka Masti is they put dairy yogurt on a dish I ordered, after I specifically asked them not to. I know both people at the front counter understood me, yet someone must have not written it down because my order arrived absolutely doused in yogurt. The worst part is that a cow suffered and lost her baby to kidnappers for their "mistake" and that's what I despise much more than the health issues. I was VERY POLITE about the screw up but I will not ever go back there again. Sadly, they are the only vegetarian restaurant in a town of 150,000 people, which is downright pathetic. So you'd think they could get a vegan's order right. Wrong.

Pros: cheap
Cons: dairy in everything, hot peppers in everything

Dear Owner and Manager of Chataka Masti: