North Indian items confined to menu board and without English descriptions. Owners speak English, will say which dishes are or can be made vegan if asked clearly. Bare bones dining area. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by Ken4057
Ken4057
Ken4057

Quite greasy, but tasty and cheap

3 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2010

The owners were pretty suspicious when I suggested I could mention them to the TVA. They aren't really in with the larger local veg community. They didn't entirely understand the concept of vegan (hence our confused exchange over the 100% vegetarian sign outside) but they were knowledgeable about which items had dairy and which had egg. You need to be very explicate about both in order to be assured of a vegan meal.

Try their combo plates. Lots of spicy curries and deep-fried breads.

They don't have menus, unfortunately, nor is anything in English. Just a menu board with pictures and the Indian name.

The place is pretty grungy, too. I would suggest take-out.

I go here b/c it's cheap and close to where I work.

Pros: cheap, spicy, authentic
Cons: dirty, no menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Chat Hut: