Serves meat, veg options available. Gluten-free bakery and cafe offering fresh baked sourdough bread made Old European style, in addition to panini and sandwiches (though mostly non-veg and contain dairy). However, the cupcakes are vegan, and there are other vegan baked goods. Call ahead if you want to buy more than six cupcakes. Spacious interior, located on a busy section of Olive. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Bakery, Non-veg
609 E Olive (Tower District)
Fresno, California 93728
559-233-5500

Open Mon-Tue 10am-3pm, Wed-Fri, 10am-6pm.

First Review by vegan munster
jennamichelle1
jennamichelle1

My favorite place to visit

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

This is my favorite vegan restaurant in Fresno, you really have to stop here as they have baked items you wont be able to find anywhere else. Our favorites are the eclairs, the apple tarts, any of their pastries really, and their breakfast cookies. They also have a vegan sandwich that I lot of my friends enjoy. I personally don't eat oil and so the grilled vegetables are too much for me, but they have another sandwich without grilled veggies that is really delicious. But if you're going to try something, you have to try their soups. The soups are always vegan, and they're delicious. They also make fresh baked bread and it's different depending on the day. They have garlic bread with slices of garlic baked into it, jalepeno bread, and regular white or wheat. We usually will buy a loaf to take home with us. We'll also stock up on the soup when we visit. In addition to sandwiches, cookies, cupcakes, and soups, they also have vegan pastas and three bean salads.

The staff is also really friendly. I can't tell you how sweet they are to my son, who loves going in there. They'll hand him stickers, give him high fives, and always remember him even though we're only in town every so often to visit our family.

It's always a great experience for us to go here, and it's so delicious. You definitely have to try it if you're in the area. It's worth a special trip for those vegan eclairs.

Updated from previous review on Monday December 17, 2007

Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 18, 2014

Pros: friendly staff, amazing desserts, Fresh baked bread
Lanahexapod
Lanahexapod

delicious cookies

4 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

My friend and I went here and thought it was a pretty nice place. We each ordered a cupcake and a cookie. We both loved the cookies but surprisingly didn't enjoy the cupcakes much. Maybe it was just an off day?

ebvegan
ebvegan

ECLAIRS

4 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2013

Wow!!! So incredibly delicious. Awesome selection of vegan baked goods- I had an eclair, which some non-vegan travel companions told me was indistinguisable from a traditional eclair. I'd never seen one veganized before so I was blown away, and there were maybe 4 or 5 different types!
I also bought a loaf of jalapeno bread and two of the coconut-cashew cupcakes. Both were vegan and exceeded my expectations :) I will definitely go here again if I'm ever passing through that part of the state!

Pros: Eclairs, Cupcakes, Jalapeno Bread

hippublican
hippublican

A Treat!

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2012

We stopped in for a quick bite before hightailing it back to the coast.
The service was so friendly and we were delighted to see how many vegan options there were! Nearly all the desserts were vegan, so we picked 2 cupcakes, an apple pastry, and an eclair. Everything was sweet and yummy, with the highlights being the apple pastry and the coffee bean cupcake. Amazing!!!
We look forward to stopping back in once we're in Fresno again.

dakota
dakota

best fruit tart EVER!

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2011

So I may be a bit of a sugar addict, but I'm trying to break that bad habit. Therefore I cannot go near Charlotte's Bakery in fear of ordering 10 tarts to take home! I've only been once, & I ordered the vegan panini and a delicious flaky fruit tart, which was a big serving for a single person, and it had fresh peaches & raspberries & blueberries. SOOO GOOOD! The panini was pretty good, a little oily like another reviewer had mentioned. But tasty. They give you a choice of bread, and it has grilled portabellos, squash, onion, and zuchinni, with fresh tomato and pesto. I was super hungry by the time I got there, so I might've eaten the tart before my panini was ready...oops!

Pros: best tart in town, cute neighborhood, specialty tea shop nearby
Cons: a tad pricey, but not outrageous
Humanicide
Humanicide

Vegan Baked Goods are exceptional

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2009

Whether you like grilled panini's or not, they're vegan baked goods are simply amazing. I ordered a half sheet cake and it was the best cake I've ever had (vegan or not).

Pros: Baked Goods, Location, Prices
Cons: Busy at lunch time

Dear Owner and Manager of Charlotte's Bakery: