Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Mongolian grill where you can create your own stir fry with tofu and veggies. Put a green stick in your bowl to have your meal cooked separately in vegetable oil. Price: Moderate more-less
Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by jozaloz
Navegante
Navegante

Stuff yourself on Mongolian grill lunch!

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2015

This is a Mongolian stir-fry style restaurant, with other menu items for those that don't want the all-you-can-eat "dragon grill" experience. This is my favorite, cheap, stuff myself silly on vegan food lunch place in Salt Lake - meaning the all-you-can-eat grill. My family loves it too - for less than $9/adult and less than $7/kid. All you can eat, build-your-own bowl, and they fry it up and bring it out to the table. It is really fun. It comes with either egg-drop-soup, or a delicious salad with sesame-ginger dressing (vegan). On the stir-fry line, they have rice (fried with egg, or plain), noodles, TONS of veggies, tofu (fried and raw), and a wide variety of sauces/spices. They also have "Vegan" marked on the various sauces. Then, you can add sticks to indicate if you want it vegetarian (separate grill with veggie oil) or if you want to add meats, etc. I mentioned to our server, who did a great job, that I was vegan. At the end of the meal, he brought out chocolate dipped fortune cookies. He brought me a wrapped cookie, which was vegan. I was happy. You will get extremely full here, for a cheap price, and the service is great.

Updated from previous review on Sunday July 19, 2015

Pros: Service is great, Vegan fortune cookies available, Lots of choices/options/Good value
programthehead
programthehead

Skip The Menu

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2015

Skip it and go straight for the grill! Build your own bowl from a variety of noodles, rice, veggies, and sauce. Everything is marked what is and what isn't vegan (like the sauces). When you get to the grill they have sticks that you can specify if you need it cooked separately (for vegetarian and vegan) and you can even get it all served with lettuce wraps. It's the perfect amount of greasiness and is very hot! Go back as many times as you want for only about $12. I love all the staff here. It's one of my go to spots!

Pros: Grill is very vegan friendly, Good staff, Good prices
Cons: Can get really busy on weekends!
VE-GONE
VE-GONE

greasy and flavorless

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2015

I had low expectations and they were unfortunately not exceed. It's true they have vegan options and allow you to modify dishes. However, it was a challenge working with staff to get my meal. When my food did come out was greasy with vegetable oil and not much else. Few spices were used to give the meal flavor and no care was given to bring out the taste of the food.

Pros: vegan and veg options
Cons: flavorless and greasy, staff hard to work with

jozaloz
jozaloz

Make Your Own!

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2014

I love places where i can create my own meal- and this is definitely one of my favorites! there are a lot of vegetables to choose from, unlike other restaurants which can focus on meats. I also really like the muslim noodles (switch the noodles to lo mein) as the peanut sauce is amazing.
However, I have been here multiple times with dissatisfactory service, so i will give you all a warning about that.

Pros: knowledgable kitchen, make it yourself, wonderful flavors
Cons: service can be iffy, not labled

Dear Owner and Manager of Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill: