Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Mongolian grill where you can create your own stir fry with tofu and veggies. Put a green stick in your bowl to have your meal cooked separately in vegetable oil. Price: Moderate more-less
Asian, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg
255 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
801-328-3663

Open Mon-Thur 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm, Sun 4-10pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Navegante
Navegante
Navegante

Almost 3 stars....until the vegan fortune cookie!

4 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2014

This is a Mongolian stir-fry style restaurant, with other menu items for those that don't want the all-you-can-eat "dragon grill" experience. My family and I did the "dragon grill" - for less than $9/adult and less than $7/kid. All you can eat, build-your-own bowl, and they fry it up and bring it out to the table. It is really fun to try. It comes with either egg-drop-soup, or a delicious salad with sesame-ginger dressing (vegan). On the stir-fry line, they have rice (fried with egg, or plain), TONS of veggies, tofu (fried and raw), and a wide variety of sauces/spices. Then, you can add sticks to indicate if you want it vegetarian (separate grill with veggie oil) or if you want to add meats, etc. One thing I didn't like is the sauces do not indicate which are vegan. I mentioned to our server, who did a great job, that I was vegan. At the end of the meal, he brought out chocolate dipped fortune cookies. He brought me a wrapped cookie, which was in fact vegan. I was happy. You will get extremely full here, for a cheap price, and the service is great.

Pros: Service is great, Vegan fortune cookie, Lots of choices/options/Good value
Cons: Things are not labeled vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill: