Chapel Arts Cafe

Makes food and cakes including: continental mixed platters, flatbreads, salads, soups, large range of hot and cold drinks, local beer and wine. Has gluten free cakes but does use dairy and/or egg. The cafe is also used as a gallery space for local artists to exhibit their work. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Western, European, English, British, Bakery, Beer/Wine, Take-out
St James's Memorial Hall, Lower Borough Walls (Stall St and New Orchard St)
Bath, England BA1 1QR
+44-1225920256

Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-5:30pm.

First Review by SteveWired
finetune
finetune

Continental Quirky Cool

4 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2013

Great little cafe, with arthouse originality, fresh food and cakes, and friendly service. Delicious soup and 5 star soya latte. Sadly none of the cakes are vegan but they promise they are working on offering vegan options.

Pros: Fresh, Friendly, Quirky
Cons: No Vegan Cakes
Guest
Guest

Yummy!

4 Posted on 05 / 17 / 2012

My husband and I enjoyed lunch here on 11th May 2012.

Although the menu is entirely vegetarian, the staff were happy to make any changes to accommodate us as vegans.

We had the Mexican flatbread, swapping out the diary for avocado, and the Aubergine flatbread again swapping out non vegan stuff for avocado and basil.

As mentioned in a previous review, the only vegan dessert was the flapjack, which we enjoyed.

The cafe itself was lovely and bright with a nice atmosphere and I wouldn't hesitate to go again for a quick delicious flatbread!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Will adapt menus for vegans
Cons: Could do with more vegan dessert options
j8mesh
j8mesh

could be more vegan friendly!

3 Posted on 04 / 14 / 2012

I visited the cafe on a Friday Morning. Because of the Happy Cow entry was expecting to be able to get something vegan. I asked the server what vegan options there were as there wasn't anything obvious on the board. He told me they could adapt the Mediterranean (I think) flatbread option to remove the Tzatziki. He later suggested that I could have avocado instead of the tzatziki which I agreed. This was delicious - flat bread with hummous, cous cous, salsa, peppers and avocado (see picture I uploaded). They had soya milk so was able to have a soya latte too. For desert from the labels there did not seem any evidence of gluten free/ egg free cakes. I asked what vegan options there were. All that was vegan was the flapjack. If anything the flapjack was a little too sweet, but I enjoyed they fact it had pumpkin seeds in it, making it a bit more different than a bulk standard flapjack.
I would encourage this place to have a least one vegan main course option. The Mediterranean surely isn't missing anything without the Tzatziki, with the avocado instead? Also allows for any customers who can't have dairy (all mains appeared to have some sort of dairy in them). It might seem petty, but it is so much nicer to have a least one option on the menu you can order without feeling that they had to do something special just because you are vegan.

Staff was friendly, though I wouldn't go back without more choice for vegans.... so for now only 3 cows.

Pros: friendly staff
Cons: very limited for vegans
SteveWired
SteveWired

Fantastic flatbreads, cake & coffee

5 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

A lovely cafe in central Bath serving exclusively vegetarian and vegan goodies. The flatbreads are just divine.

Dear Owner and Manager of Chapel Arts Cafe: