100% vegan cafe and cocktail bar, opened since Aug 2013. Food includes daily breakfast, sandwiches, filled toasts and croissants (ham and cheese, hot dog style, hawaii, chocolate, a.o.), nachos with cheese, cakes, muffins. Drinks include coffee and tea, milkshakes, cocktails w/ or without alcohol, beer and wine. Cozy atmosphere with Wi-Fi and seats 20 inside. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Western, American, Take-out, Catering
Lychener Strasse 4 (Eberswalder Strasse)
Berlin, Germany 10437

meeret
meeret

great coffee, good croissants

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2015

They don't have a huge variety for breakfast and don't expect healthy food there. Although surprisingly, their "Flüssiges Frühstück" ("liquid breakfast") is basically a healthy smoothie made with oats, almond milk, bananas, dates and chai spices. The croissants with chocolate creme, "spekulatius" creme and peanut butter were good but no outstanding. I guess they don't put a lot of effort into their presentation. But the cakes looked good. The interior was kinda funky and colourful.

Pros: good croissants, AMAZING coffee, rather cheap
Cons: not so healthy, didn't really like their food pres
Suboptimant
Suboptimant

very pleasant and friendly

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2015

First time here and I really like it. It is small and looks like a cafe/cocktail bar, but does serve food. Main courses from 5pm, so I had the Chaos Croissant, which was very good. The smoothie was also great. It seems to be a vegan fastfood, not much choice besides sandwich style food, but if you are looking for that, this is the place.

Pros: great atmosphere, very friendly people
Cons: not so healthy
Rachellovesfood
Rachellovesfood

Yes to this place

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2015

Good vibes guilty pleasure vegan yum food :) the people here are so nice

Pros: atmosphere , attitude, simplicity
Cons: lack of greens

Ruffvegan
Ruffvegan

try a tresor

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2015

If you dare! The salty croissants are awesome and the coffees & drinks ofcourse. Special nights Burgermonday, Dönerstag and Weisswurst Frühstück(!)

CayceP
CayceP

Cute place with lovely food.

Posted on 06 / 17 / 2015

The "grosse süsses" breakfast is great, though maybe not the most nourishing thing you'll ever eat. There are non-sweet items on the menu too, if you prefer a non-sugary meal.

Communicating with the staff in English was not a problem.

Pros: Cosy atmosphere, Friendly staff
MrSteeps
MrSteeps

Super Place!!

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2015

Really good juices and smoothies, so good I went back later the same day. Vegan torte to die for - very indulgent!!
The best coffee I have had in Berlin as well. Owner is really friendly!

Pros: juice, coffee, vegan cake
just
just

Fantastic name, fantastic place!

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2015

This is a great place, the woman working there was super friendly, it's definitely somewhere i'd hang out more (if i lived near it!) We had a delicious dessert (apparently made at Ohlala), called a Tresor it had amazing cream with toasted hazelnuts & a solid prailine core which was filled with caramel and hazelnuts..wow!Plus i had a tasty pina colada. Love that it's all vegan. it's a very welcoming, relaxing cosy little place.

Pros: All vegan, Such good drinks & cake, Very friendly
Cons: I don't live near!
HappyElo
HappyElo

Posted on 05 / 10 / 2015

Great choice of drink: cocktail, smoothies, milkshake, ... All vegan! We had a tasty sandwich with nachos and a great green smoothie. There was excellent cakes, we love to try it the next time.

Pros: All vegan, Choice
Cons: Little space
blackxcloud
blackxcloud

loved everything.

Posted on 05 / 02 / 2015

Spent a lovely Friday evening sat outside. I Had a chaos coffee (like a cappuccino creme brûlée!) followed by nachos and a hot dog sandwich (love that everything is served with burger sauce) followed by the best dessert ever. I can't remember the name of it but it was like whipped cream dipped in toasted hazelnuts with a solid praise core which was filled with caramel and hazelnuts. Virgin mojito was also good and decently sized. Staff were amazing and very accommodating of our poor level of German. They also recommended us other places to eat on our trip.

P-bun
P-bun

New favorite place in Berlin

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2015

We visited Chaostheorie on the day of my birthday. I had a hot chocolate with marshmallows, a piece of fantastic banana mousse cake, and a croissant(!) with cheese(!!) and hotdogs(!!!) served on nacho chips. Heaven. I had told the barista/cook/bartender about the occassion of our visit, and she surprised me with a complimentary virgin cocktail. So kind! A couple of nights later I decided I was really craving a cocktail, so we went back and had a couple more. If I lived in Berlin, you would definitely find me there at least once a week. This place is definitely my new favorite place in Berlin and I would definitely recommend a visit.

Pros: Fantastic (virgin!) cocktails, friendly staff, great food
Pareidolise
Pareidolise

Nicht lang schnacken, Kopp in'n Nacken :)

Posted on 03 / 21 / 2015

Yeah, vegan drinks and cocktails in a very chilled and modern but cosy little place. We sat directly at the counter, chatting a bit with one of the owners and tried several very tasty drinks. One of them was just created by the barkeeper and we had the chance to taste it :)
They also offer pastries, cakes and muffins
I definitely will go there again at my next Berlin visit!

Pros: very nice and friendly staff, good to each by public transportation, tasty little snacks (pastries & cakes)
MissPennyLane
MissPennyLane

just awesome

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2015

We loved the little cafe/bar. Awsome cocktails, snacks, all vegan, and best of all: vegan baileys!!!

Pros: Baileys, all vegan, cute
CeciliaTegner
CeciliaTegner

Great cocktails, great toast

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2014

Awesome cocktails (both with or without alcohol), pineapple milkshake to die for. Super friendly dog on staff :)

Snackie type food (toast, croissants, nachos), so don't expect a "full meal". But it will still fill you up properly! Was too full to try the cakes, but they looked out of this world.

Would come back!

Pros: Tasty, Great atmosphere , Friendly dog
Pilgramunna
Pilgramunna

Great Breakfast, Great Cocktails

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2014

We were there twice, once for Breakfast - Hot Doggy Croissant is delicious.
And once in the evening for some more delicious vegan cream-cocktails.
Very friendly service.

Vegtravel4
Vegtravel4

awesome vegan drinks and food

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2014

We live in LA where there are a plethora of great vegan restaurants. This place can stand with the best of them! It reminds me of Doomie's in that it's your more comfort food - type vegan food. We had a croissant topped with hot dog / cheese and one topped with "nacho" stuff. I don't get it. Just order it.

Note that they don't have a ton of food here. 5-6 sandwiches and some dessert. But the drinks are delicious, everything is priced well, and you can get super full eating here. You don't need a 10 page menu if you're only going to order 2 things.

They also have an incredibly kind staff. Holger (sp?) was working when we were there and he speaks excellent english and has a hilarious sense of humor. So glad this place exists within walking distance of our hotel. I would be happy to go again when visiting Berlin.

Pros: price, croissant sandwiches, adult milkshakes
Doro*
Doro*

DELICIOUS cocktails!

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

went here twice with 2 friends on one weekend, we tried different cocktails and each of them was wonderful! For those, who like something extraordinary, try "After Eight" (chocolate-mint) or Bananamania (something with Banana (obviously), Chai etc) - they were simply delicious!
Nice interior and friendly staff. They also have cakes, milkshakes etc - all vegan, so I will definitely go there again :)

Pros: delicious, cool place, nice staff
Cons: nothing.
Kyttiara
Kyttiara

Love it!

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

I really love the concept of a vegan bar! The staff is so nice, and they've got great drinks! It's cosy, and it's located in a nice street with other veg options to eat. BUT if you didn't know, Chaos sell the pastries from Ohlala (French Vegan Café in F'shain) like the Tresor, and other cakes... YUMMY!!!

Pros: location, nice staff, great drinks and desserts
Cons: a bit small
EmilyBennett3050
EmilyBennett3050

Wonderful service! Amazing chocolate milkshake!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

We really enjoyed Chaostheorie when we visited Berlin. The owner, a vibrant and happy lady, kindly translated parts of the menu for us and we opted for a ham & cheese croissant, meatball & cheese sandwich, a chocolate milkshake and two types of cake. Everything arrived quickly, was nicely presented and tasted fantastic. The milkshake was an especial treat and had been prepared with hazelnut milk and ice-cream. Upon paying we were granted a 10% discount on account of it being the owner's birthday. This was a nice surprise at the end of an even nicer meal. On another trip we enjoyed milkshakes only and had these after eating dinner at the nearby Vego World which serves vegan pizza and burgers down the road (amazing place!). This time we were afforded another 10% discount as it was the anniversary of the shops opening. Wonderful, friendly service, nice outdoor seating space and really tasty food and drinks. Cocktails are also served after dark so the place certainly has appeal for everyone. Will definitely visit again when next in Berlin!

Pros: Vibrant and helpful staff, Tasty food , Good stop for vegan milkshakes
Cons: None!
coi
coi

Very good!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

After arriving in Berlin, the first thing we did was coming to this place to relax and have some good food. We tried the bodacious Nachos scalloped with vegan cheese (oh my goodness!!!) and the Chaos croissant (fantastic!). Besides we had the best Matcha-Milk ever and also (my) first vegan Irish Coffee :) But the best of the best of the best of the ... have been the desserts! Both of them -berry-white-chocolate-cream-cake and "Tresor" were nearly orgasmic! Seriously! This Tresor was the best dessert I ever had.

Good atmosphere, friendly service and good value for money!

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Service
Cons: Small menu
vgeorgie
vgeorgie

Great Vegan Cafe!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

Visiting Chaostheorie was on our to-do-list when we came to Berlin and we're pleased that we paid the place a visit.

My partner and I ordered an iced-coffee with ice-cream and whipped cream, needless to say they were wonderful! My daughters shared a pineapple and banana smoothie made with coconut milk. We all had a toasted croissant filled with faux salami, cheese and tortilla crisps and for dessert, I had apple strudel with ice-cream and my partner had the green tea and peach cake. All the food was yummy and exciting to try.

The choice of food on the menu is not vast but is still okay; here is a specials board with some more things to choose from, but mainly it is toasted bread or croissants with a filling to choose from - sweet and savoury.
There is, however, an impressive amount of hot drinks, smoothies, milkshakes and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to choose from. It is a cocktail bar in the evening, so it would make sense, and I bet it is really good fun to sample them all.

Great decor - very trendy and gives veganism a fresh and modern look which I liked. Seating inside in a cosy area and funky seating outside!
Friendly staff who spoke English and inexpensive prices but not huge portions.
Would deffo go there again!!

Pros: Exciting and fun vegan food, Lots of drinks to choose from, Friendly service
semperperegrinus
semperperegrinus

Perfect little cafe

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

I came here while visiting berlin and hunting for vegan food and it was absolutely great! Cafe and bakery style fare in the day and a cocktail bar at night but you can order whatever you like all day still. Sweets and cakes are delicious and from another vegan bakery in town. Hadn't tried the cocktails but they all sound good as well.
The employee who helped me (who's name I won't guess the spelling of) was super friendly. Speaks English well which was great as I don't speak German. Went through the whole menu for me and recommended favourites. Even recommended other vegan restaurants and businesses to try during my trip. As well it was raining when I arrived and I didn't have an umbrella so he just gave me one. I went back the next day too and everything was just as pleasant and tasty! I'd give it a try if you're in Berlin!

Pros: Friendly staff, English speaking staff, Reasonable prices
Cons: Smokey (but that's Europe for you)
elrujo
elrujo

GOOD

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

Nice little place with good staff

food delicious

try it

Pros: nice location, warm staff
Cons: small variety
adnam
adnam

Good Shakes - Rather Poor Food

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

I was happy to find a vegan place for breakfast and even managed to drag my non-vegan friends along.
The food was a dissappointment though. The toasted sandwich was made with the cheapest white bread you find pre-scliced in packages. Quantaty wasn't great for the price.
Pineapple milkshake however was lovely!
I'd choose another place to eat in.

Pros: Cute Interior, Nice Milkshakes
Cons: Overpriced, Nothing Special
ChristianaHasldorf
ChristianaHasldorf

Great atmosphere!

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

I loved this place. I had a lovely toast, iced chocolate and virgin Pina Colada. It was so delicious!! You have to try.

Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Indulgent cocktails..

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2014

The guy that owns this place is great. He clearly knew we were foreigners so came and sat down with us, talked us through the whole menu, very friendly. It's a cozy little place that basically stays open late selling booze and baked goods (seriously- how can you knock that?).

We had cocktails- I couldn't tell you the name of them but my word they were something special. It was like having a dessert, very indulgent and delicious. Slightly tipsy on the way out, we then bought cookies for the wobble home. I guess the vegan equivalent to 'having a kebab' back in the uk ;)

If you're in the area or like to try cocktails, definitely make effort to go here for one or two. He even makes his own vegan Baileys :)

Pros: gorgeous cocktails, cosy atmosphere, fair prices
runsten
runsten

Why come here?

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

Maybe I should come here in order to support vegan cafes because of course I want more vegan coffee shops around.

But there is actually nothing special to eat here. I would not come all the way to this place just to have a coffee and a dry cake (the cakes look dry and they were dry).

Menu is short and boring.

Pros: it is vegan!, nice staff, cheap
Cons: menu is very short, nothing really to eat, dry boring cakes and cookies
Raydoggy
Raydoggy

Vegan Gem in Prenzlauerberg

Posted on 02 / 06 / 2014

At last a nice vegan bar in Prenzlauerberg. It is so handy that I've found myself going there twice a week at least. The thing I like best about CT is the friendly service and cosy atmosphere, and of course the location, right in the heart of Prenzlauerberg, near KastanienAllee and LychenerStr.

Make sure you try the Big Lebowski cocktail, and delicious vegan cakes.
Updated from previous review on Thursday February 06, 2014

Pros: Position, Cosy, Friendly
Cons: Closed Monday
jon active
jon active

A cocktail bar that impressed two tea totalers!

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2013

We literally bumped into this place on our way to the Vego restaurant and so decided to come back and have our desert here. We didn't try the cocktails as we don't drink but Lilian had a(nother) excellent hot chocolate and I was served a good sized Earl Grey tea that went very well with our cakes. The appley citrus cake I had was superb. The croissant was good but sorely missed a splash of warm chocolate sauce or thick cream atop it! The staff/owner were friendly and informative and I intend to return to Chaostheorie next time I'm in Berlin.

Pros: Good cake, Open late, Not cheap
Cons: Limited selection of food
grymtsagrisen
grymtsagrisen

One of our favourite cafés/bars in Berlin

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

Very friendly atmosphere and staff.
The coffee & tea is excellent. The sandwiches (you should try the vegan salami toast!) and the different cakes are tasty.
Also a nice place if you for example want to write or read.

Pros: The staff, The food, The atmosphere
J-Veg
J-Veg

Creative cocktails and delicious baked goodness

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

I went here with a group and between us we ordered a good selection of cocktails. They were presented well and everyone seemed pretty happy with theirs. It was especially interesting to see veganised classics such as the white russian.

We also tried the Irish coffee and milkshakes (made from ice cream and flavoured soy milk), which was really good.

The baked goods, which are delicious are currently supplied by Goodies (http://www.happycow.net/reviews/goodies-berlin-berlin-20405), who make good quality stuff, but they informed us that they plan to open a bakery in Bremen and have them delivered especially.

It's not huge inside but it was cosy and the atmosphere was nice. As for the price, it wasn't cheap, but then what cocktail bar is? (€8.80 for a milk shake and muffin, for example).

Pros: 100% vegan!!!, Interesting selection, Attentive staff
Cons: Expensive, Not very big
Arif
Arif

Could these be the best cakes in Germany?

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

These cakes will hold their own against all challengers, vegan or otherwise! While chocolate lovers will find their dreams answered here, the real insider tip is anything with the word "Nougatcreme" in its name. Don't forget to check out the cupcakes and cake pops (lollicakes?). All cakes also available to go. Order a cupcake to go just to see the cute container. Unfortunately, nothing here is gluten-free. Perhaps this can be remedied.

While you're here, check out the African restaurant "Massai" a little further in on the same block. About 40% of the menu is vegetarian, which probably means vegan. (They might only be open evenings.)

Pros: vegan cakes, enthusiastic employees
Cons: nothing gluten-free, no decaf capuccino
  • J-Veg J-Veg

They certainly do have excellent cakes, but it's worth noting they are currently supplied by Goodies (http://www.happycow.net/reviews/goodies-berlin-berlin-20405) :-)

Dear Owner and Manager of Chaostheorie:

Thank you for being a Premium FRIEND supporter.

There's another way to promote your business on HappyCow:

Advertise your large, custom banner on the Berlin page, or any other regional page.

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/05/19