Changchun Guan Vegetarian

Large restaurant attached to Taoist temple. Menu includes food pictures. Some English spoken. Antique decor with a Taoist style. Name in Chinese: 长春观素菜馆. Address in Chinese: 武昌区武珞路269号(近大东门). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Chinese, Beer/Wine

Mon-Sun 8:30am-8:30pm

First Review by watermeloun
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Excellent food and nice atmosphere

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2013

This large, popular, well-established restaurant is attached to the Taoist temple. The atmosphere is pleasant, refined and the workers are friendly. The food is top-quality and delicious. I went a few times while I was visiting Wuhan. In the morning I had a tasty bowl of noodles, veggies and mushrooms. When I went at lunch time I tried a number of dishes including a thick soup, a platter of mock-meats and various interesting veggie dishes. Prices were quite reasonable, especially for excellent food in a more upmarket setting. The workers speak a little English and the menu has pictures. The menu is at least 90 percent vegan.

Pros: Great food, Good value, Friendly workers
watermeloun
watermeloun

ChangchunGuan Taoism Temple, Wuhan, China

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2011

I've been to this restaurant two times already. The atmosphere is quite nice because the restaurant is actually located inside the taoist temple in Wuhan.

I've ordered the Wuxiang Niu rou, a dish with mushroom and the veggan dumplings.

For three people the price should be aroung 80 yuan.

If you are a vegetarian and you live or travel in Wuhan, I higly recommend you to have a look especially because it's almost impossible to find any other places to eat vegetarian food in the city.

Pros: good food, good atmosphere, traditionnal
Cons: smokers

Dear Owner and Manager of Changchun Guan Vegetarian: