Near Hualian train station, you'll find this veggie buffet. Also sells health foods and dried foods. Closed on 2nd & 4th Monday of month. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Taiwanese, Buffet, Take-out

JesseD
JesseD

All-you-can-eat buffet

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2014

This is like a small, humble version of the huge all-you-can-eat buffets found in larger cities like Taipei and Kaohsiung, albeit with fewer options, including no tea or coffee. At 200NT (lunch), it's a good deal for a good meal.

As usual at non-vegan restuaurants in Taiwan, when I told them I didn't eat dairy products a well-meaning staff member took me round and pointed out a few obvious dishes which contain dairy (like cheese pasta) but missed fake meat, mayonnaise dressing and even buttered bread! So vegans need to avoid anything which looks milky, regardless of whatever staff might say.

From my experience, this is the second best option in Hualien after the Loving Hut.

Pros: all-you-can-eat, good range of food (including vegan), close to train station
Cons: difficult to know what's vegan
vane0001
vane0001

Affordable and average meal

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

Affordable meal at the expensive is mediocre selection and average taste. Eat if you have no other option.

ratherbeakite
ratherbeakite

hours, etc

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2014

When I first arrived in Hualien I was tired, hot and hungry. Instead of waking to Chang Chin Teng, I decided to borrow a bike from my hostel and ride it there. It was easy enough to find, however,
I arrived there at 3pm and they were closed! The lady saw the severe look of disappointment on my face, said, in English, "hungry?" While rubbing her belly and pointing at mine, and made me a take away box. She had me there.

Later that night I decided to try it again for dinner. Dinner was delicious, with lots of variety and all you can eat for $150. You can also select a frozen treat from the giant freezer.

The hours are 11-2 lunch and 5-8 dinner. The shop which sells vegetarian/ vegan foods seems to be open all day.

KEG1106
KEG1106

Great spot to go when hungry!

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

Awesome array of traditional TW veggie foods. There's a salad bar, hot bar plus desserts. Excellent dumplings, greens and wide array of desserts (mochi, sweet beans to add to porridge). Come hungry as there's so much to try!

Dear Owner and Manager of Chang Chun Teng: