Chamblin's Uptown Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Veg friendly cafe with coffee bar, located inside a bookstore. Almond and soy milk available for coffee drinks without extra charge. Has veggie sandwiches, a jerk tempeh wrap (vegan), Tofurkey sandwich with veganaise (vegan) plus salad, and daily soup daily which either vegan or vegetarian. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

pandapharmd
pandapharmd

Tempeh wrap!

Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

The jerk tempeh wrap is so good here. They don't have a huge menu but what they do serve is tasty. Bonus: huge bookstore!

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff, Bookstore!!!
Cons: Small menu
VegansLivingSimply
VegansLivingSimply

tempeh wrap!!

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to venture off the homestead to to try something new downtown. After seeing what vegan options they had I decided to get the vegan wrap with hummus and my bf got the tempeh wrap. Both were delicious but I will get the tempeh wrap next time for sure! And the books we got here were awesome too!! Books, coffee and vegan food?! Yes please!!

cassyb
cassyb

Yummy Vegan Options

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2013

We were in from out of town and I really liked this place. They had several vegan options. I ordered the special which was a seitan wrap made vegan by substituting Daiya for the cheese. Wow. It was really good. My husband had the jerk tempeh wrap. There were other vegan wraps and even more items that could be vegan by subbing the cheese. The girl at the counter was really nice and, though we didn't have time to check out the used book store, it was a nice addition. I could see buying a good used book and reading through a delicious vegan lunch if I had more time to spare.

Pros: Food Was Good, Several Vegan Options, Nice Staff
Cons: Limited Seating, Street Parking

jnali
jnali

A well-kept secret for downtown vegans.

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2013

My only complaint about Chamblin's Uptown Cafe is their terrible marketing. I have lost count of the number of local vegans who have no idea that this little cafe has many great options for them.

The fare is light and simple, the prices are low, the coffee is strong, and the iced teas really hit the spot on a hot Florida afternoon. They have several vegan options and will happily alter items on the menu to suit your diet since they prepare the food as it is ordered.

The seating area is small, and it can be very crowded at lunch. Don't be afraid to sit at a table with a future friend if they have an open seat!

One of the best features is the the book store attached: Chamblain's Bookmine (in Ortega) is legendary for having an enormous collection of used books, and many of the very best items have made their way to "Uptown". Buy a great used book and enjoy the first few chapters while eating a delicious vegan wrap.

Pros: Great food, Low prices, Large used bookstore attached
Cons: Small seating area -- can be crowded, Parking is on the street, Only a handful of vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Chamblin's Uptown Cafe: