CLOSED: Chai and Louis Moth...

Vegetarian restaurant and guesthouse. Reported closed and needing to re-locate. Please update HappyCow of changes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai
72/2 Samsen Road, Soi 4, Banglumphoo (10 minute walk from Khaosan Rd, past Klong Banglampoo canal)
Bangkok, Thailand
089-0233582

First Review by herwin
vegan_edge
vegan_edge

CLOSED

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2011

this super nice place closed its doors on the 26th of february 2011.

chai, the owner, might re-open later this year in the same area, but for now she's been priced out of her place after an expensive hotel opened one street away from her and it affected a lot of businesses around it...

Andrea Scarsi
Andrea Scarsi

I like the place and Chai too

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2010

Small restaurant, big menu, very tasty, clean and friendly.
Has some nice rooms too. Easily reachable, I always check there first once in Bkk. Love.

enRoute
enRoute

super place - worth seeking out!

Posted on 05 / 18 / 2010

Forget that I never reviewed this place! I enjoyed the heck out of it, the "Mother" in question is a colorful member of the area's veggie matriarchs and I actually enjoyed meals here even a bit more than Thanna or May Kaidee's. Just had some great, fresh salads and platters of the day. For the poster asking if eggs are vegan, of course they're not, and I don't think they claim to be a vegan restaurant... they're very accommodating though and very aware of what vegan means.

Pros: scrumptious, great owner, low-key
Cons: none!

batski
batski

Are eggs vegan?

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2010

I'm a bit confused here. Did I go to the wrong place? The name was the same but... This place is listed here as vegan but a quick look at the menu shows that they have eggs in some of their dishes :(

This may very well be a nice and vegan-friendly place, but I was so disappointed at the fact that it was not what I was expecting that I actually left without ordering anything. On account of that I feel that I'm actually not in a position to choose an overall rating, but one has to do so in order to publish a review.

chillin
chillin

Delicious home cooked delights

Posted on 12 / 25 / 2009

This is a small family run restaurant that has been open almost as long as I've been alive! Whilst we ate Mai Kaidee popped in wearing traditional dress and bringing 2 travellers who were looking for a place to stay. Mother Chai was very welcoming and was able to let me know all the vegan dishes - the curries were rich and tasty and the juices freshly squeezed. The menu is similar to that offered at the nearby Mai Kaidee restaurants but I found the service even more personal. An eclectic misture of customers - every table was full! We'll be back!

Pros: Mixed plate is great value, Friendly host
Cons: A bit tricky to find
herwin
herwin

good place

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2009

the first veggie place i visited in Thailand and i did feel imediatley at home thanks to the friendly staff (mother chai speaks some english) and the nice food. Its a cozy place with relaxed atmosphere for lunch, breakfast, dinner and just sitting and doing nothing. their is only one guesthouse room on the second floor so its absolutely quiet place , just great if you dont like noisy neighbours. i stayed one night. just 30 meters or so away is a May Kaidee restaurant.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Chai and Louis Mother and Son: