Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe -...

The second Chaco Canyon organic cafe location. Offers sandwiches, rice and quinoa bowls, salads, soups, raw food cuisine, baked treats, organic coffee, juices, and smoothies. This location has a kids menu as well. Sunday brunch is served from 9am-3pm. Everything vegan, except for cow's milk. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, American, International, Juice bar, Take-out, Lacto

bitebitebite
bitebitebite

Rare Veg Option for West Seattle

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

Had lunch there with a couple friends. The staff were friendly and the service was reasonable. Prices are normal for the city ($7-14). They have smaller portions of many dishes which cost less for those who prefer it. The atmosphere is pleasant, comfortable, and clean.

The food was ok, but nothing to get excited about. It's fairly healthy and not too heavy, tastes decent, but doesn't stand out in any way.

The main thing they have going for them is being a rare veg/vegan restaurant in West Seattle.

If you're in other parts of the city with better options then it isn't worth going out of your way to get a meal there. But if you're already in West Seattle then it's a much appreciated veg/vegan option for eating out.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 01, 2014

Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 01, 2014

Pros: Friendly Service, A Veg/vegan place in West Seattle!
rainleaf
rainleaf

I Keep Trying To Like

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

I really want to like this place. This juices are usually pretty good. But the food has often left much to be desired, especially for the price. It just doesn't taste that good - don't know other ways to put it. Also, I detest the taste of vinegar, and have numerous times had to send food back with vinegar on salads or onions they include in some dishes - this isn't disclosed on the menu. I've received some rude treatment at the West Seattle location as well on occasion. The deserts are ok, if high priced. I keep trying to like it though...

jrm212
jrm212

Wish every city had a Chaco Canyon!

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

We visited Seattle and at here twice. Great vegan variety, fast and friendly service, reasonable prices, kids play area. Loved it.

ZuZu
ZuZu

Healthy food & a happy hour

Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

Whatever your extreme dietary needs may be, you are always welcome at Chaco Canyon.
This location can be kinda crazy with screaming kids but they still deliver on the ultra healthy cuisine. Save money with the 'build your own bowl' option or hit it for happy hour.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 20, 2013

Pros: healthy goodness, caters to diet restrictions, gluten free beer and wine options, discount on house juice at happy hour
Cons: kids shreiking at dinner, parking requires cleverness or luck
Fabien
Fabien

Fresh and filling

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Yowz! During a recent stay in West Seattle, I was thrilled to discover there was a veg resto nearby--and organic no less. Pleasant space, warm and friendly employees, delicious food. I had a "hippie bowl"--starring quinoa with wonderfully flavorful bites of tofu. In the mood for carrot-o.j., I was delighted to find that their house juice is that very thing, amped up with appled and ginger. It was quite energizing. To top it off, I had a bowl of chocolate tapioca pudding, which was very well done. Not over-sweet nor chalky, just creamy, cold, and lovely to roll around in the mouth. I look forward to coming back!

Pros: wholesome and delicious, friendly, wifi
Cons: Wish it stayed open later!
KirstenLoreen
KirstenLoreen

great food

Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

I really liked this place. I've been here about three times. Once ordering a empanada and a glass of their fresh brewed kombucha. Both were great but what I really loved was the kombucha. They have it on tap and if I remember right the one I ordered was a peach flavor. It's a bit pricey, depending on what you order but I think it's worth it. The last time I was here I ordered a lentil soup that was so good. It was a cold day out and exactly what I needed to warm me up. :)

Pros: great good, good variety
Cons: moderately expensive
D and D
D and D

A taste treat!

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2012

Some of us were looking for Vegan food, and we found Chaco Canyon - West on Happy Cow, as we were in West Seattle. We were pleasantly surprised. The interior is tastefully decorated, with beautiful tables and chairs in a couple of rooms, and a play area for young children. You order your food, take a number and it is brought to your table.
There is a large selection of choices, main dishes, soups, salads, fresh juice drinks, teas, chi, kombucha and deserts. We were told everything on the menu is vegan.
The gentleman who took our order, gladly spent time answering our questions, explaining each item and its ingredient, and making individual adjustment for our needs. Many items are made in house, this included the kombucha, and seitan, which were fabulous. We ordered a variety of dishes and everyone in our group of four felt their food was excellent.
Some might consider the prices a bit high, but we felt that the quality of the ingredients, the food preparation and presentation, and the service was of a exceptional level to make the price very reasonable.

Pros: Variety of Veggy Proteins , Excellent Service, In-house Preparation
veg with kids
veg with kids

Take a Pass

Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

At first, the West Seattle location is very appealing... quick order station, casual atmosphere, and a children's play area. But, as soon as you order and the "server" quotes you your price, you will know that something is wrong. Lunch for two adults (splitting a smoothie) and two children (splitting a small smoothie) ran $56.08. Yes, lunch. That price got us two (bad) entrees, two (bad) chilldren's menu items, and the two smoothies.

But, the kicker comes when you are signing that credit card slip, and there at the bottom is the line for tip. At this point, no one has served you and you do not know what the food will be like. But, you assume good things for both, so you sign-over an $8 tip.

Of course, then you sit-down to a sticky table and see the signs all around to bus your own table. Excuse me? If I was eating fast food, I would expect to pay fast food monies and enjoy my food fast.

Regardless, the food came out in a bit longer than expected... and the presentation was all lovely. The taste, on the other hand, was not lovely. The Lentil Soup was salty, the bread (both biscuits and focaccia) undercooked and doughing, and the worst of the worst - the potato hash.

I am from Idaho and I know potatoes. It takes a special kind of effort to destroy potatoes! But, that is just what Chaco Canyon did. Imagine tiny cubes of potato, boiled for just a moment, then tossed in some sort of slim sauce. That is the definition of their potato hash.

Our family has be vegetarian for over a decade and our children have eaten in many a vegetarian restuarant. But, neither child willingly ate her food - of course, at the price it cost us, I made them.

When we left, my husband and I both felt like we had been hustled. The food was bad. The service was annoying (we couldn't get anyone to help us with our questions or concerns). And the price was outrageous. We don't mind paying big for great quality, but this wasn't it.

Pros: Play Area
Cons: Cost, Service, Food
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Chaco Canyon

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2011

I was not in a mood for seitan, tofu, or vegan cheeses, so I went with the hummus and cucumber sandwich and added avocado to it. The sandwich itself had hummus, avocado, sprouts, cucumber, and vegan mayo on it. It was really good and was exactly what I was looking for. The quinoa salad that accompanied my sandwich was very tasty too. Another thing to note is that CC is eco friendly to the extreme - they don't carry disposable silverware, instead the gave us a metal spoon and made us promise we'd return it, reuse it, or recycle it. +1 cow for that alone!

Dear Owner and Manager of Chaco Canyon Organic Cafe - West Seattle:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Seattle page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/05/28