Serves meat, veg options available. This ramen restaurant also offer a vegetable-only ramen as well vegetable gyoza. Expect to wait as it can be busy, especially on weekends. Tickets are purchased from a vending machine. Has English menu. Apr 2014 reported uses fish stock in the vegetable ramen - please ask the kitchen to use vegetable broth. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Japanese, Non-veg

necius
necius

Negotiation required

2 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

I went there expecting to be able to order the vege ramen and say "no fish broth". When I did so, they kind of looked at me strangely and one of the kitchen staff came out to talk to me. He said that the fish stock came in the broth, and it couldn't be made without it and offered to give me my money back. When I pointed out that the menu said "vegetable only" (I was hungry at this stage), he disappeared for a minute and when he returned he said it was okay and directed me to sit down.

The food itself was okay, but not fantastic, and while not expensive, it was not especially cheap either. Would not recommend unless something changes.

LisaLisaLisa
LisaLisaLisa

Only the gyoza are veggie! Sauce & ramen are not!

2 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

The sauce that comes with the vegan gyoza is not veggie! I asked and there was fish in it. The gyoza themselves are delicious enough without the sauce though!

There's fish in the ramen broth, and when I asked (in Japanese, so they definitely understood) they told me they could not make it without the fish broth.
Updated from previous review on Friday May 23, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday June 29, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday June 29, 2014

Pros: Gyoza are delicious
Cons: Sauce is not veggie, Ramen broth always contains fish
kat.ross
kat.ross

not vegan

1 Posted on 04 / 26 / 2014

Double checked this today, and the vege-ramen is not vegan friendly. It doesn't contain any actual chunks of meat, but it is made with fish stock. Staff were very nice, but we canceled our order.

waza
waza

Chabuton

3 Posted on 04 / 10 / 2014

Spirulina ramen and gyoza. I remember the ticket ordering machine only took 1000¥ notes and most coins. I went their after arriving from the. airport ,with my luggage .the staff look after the luggage putting in the store room. Enjoy the ramen but the soup did not taste vegan. I notice the the chabuton in Hong Kong has a Michelin star according to the promotions on the ramen bar. The ramen is promoted as 100% Vegan and easy to find on the ordering machine.

Pros: Nice and light meal , Open late , Inexpensive
Cons: Soup did not seem vegan. , The cook can easily cross contaminate , Must have small notes 1000¥
AlohaEigo
AlohaEigo

Great location and feel

4 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2014

If you are near Umeda Station, this is a good place to try a couple of traditional Japanese foods done vegan style. Paid 1190 yen for the ramen and a beer while my daughter had the veggie gyoza and an orange soda for 450 yen. Kind of fun ordering from the machine as well.

Pros: location, price , filling
JamieCordon
JamieCordon

Yummy ramen and gyoza

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2014

Great vegan ramen and gyoza at this little ramen shop conveniently located in the Yodobashi Camera food court!

Pros: Reasonably priced, Healthy, Vegan option
Cons: Restaurant serves meat, Sometimes a long wait

Dear Owner and Manager of Chabuton: