Vegetarian Indian food restaurant with a few area outlets; this one opened in early-2009. Specify if vegan as some dishes come with yogurt. Gluten free and Jain options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Catering, Take-out

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Dvrameshusa
mmeghani
mmeghani

Great Indian Punjabi/North Indian vegetarian food.

Posted on 03 / 19 / 2015

My wife & I have been coming here for years. This is one of the best Indian restaurant in the San Francisco bay area. It has a variety of Indian cuisine including Punjabi, Gujarati & South Indian items - but not dosas. This is the place for Punjabi/North Indian vegetarian food. The service is always quick & fast. Thalis are a good item to order - you get a little bit of everything & the items in the thali change regularly. I like the sag paneer & my wife likes the bhindi masala, along with paratha & methi paratha. For a light refreshing cool & healthy drink, have the chaas. They often have Groupons & Google Offers. There can be a short line during peak dining times. They now take reservations as well through Open Table.

Pros: Has vegan options, All vegetarian, fast service
Cons: tight parking
Green4life
Green4life

Good Vegetarian Food

Posted on 12 / 06 / 2014

I regularly visit Chaat Bhavan. The food is great. My favorite are Dal Makhani (lentil with butter), Roti (Thin Indian bread) and Fried Rice. They also have a dinner/lunch plate with an assorted mix of rice, lentils, veggies, curd etc.

One can buy a $100 card for $90 and this is good if one visits frequently

Pros: Fresh Food, Friendly Staff
Dvrameshusa
Dvrameshusa

Promotion in the radio for their restaurant

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2013

They promoted but not trained their employees!!
Food may be good and not the attitude!!!

Especially never go there, if you ever win a promotion from virijallu 1170am radio show!!
So many hidden ajendas for a $5 win, how can you have $5 million conditions for a $5 dollar chaat, for gods sake, we are only human beings, give us some respect and don't harass the winner, there should be a respect.
If i had know it was only $5 as a limit, i would not even went to the restaurant, the promotion people cheated us. We spend a good $50 for 4 people, whenever we for a restaurant not expecting that much, but at least no strings attached.
I am doing this only for the next winner should not have the same the experience.

Dear Owner and Manager of Chaat Bhavan: