Central Vegetarian Cuisine

A family-owned Vietnamese fusion vegetarian cuisine restaurant. Serving all vegan meals with daily lunch specials. Receive free slice of vegan cake, or VNese coffee, or Thai tea with purchase of $30. Cozy environment. Located just a couple doors down from the "Marketplace" which houses Alameda Natural Grocery. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Fusion, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery
1613 Park St (Tilden Way)
Alameda, California 94501
510-522-3745

Open Mon-Fri 11:15am-3pm, 5-9pm, Sat 12:30-9pm, Sun 12:30-7pm, closed Wed.

First Review by prafulla
mslacey
mslacey

Vietnamese Vegan

3 Posted on 10 / 04 / 2013

Overall great choices, every dish had a faux meat though which isn't really ideal. My opinion is extremely salty, but in general good flavor and great service.

Pros: Fast, Great Service, Vegan Meat Options
Cons: Salty, Caters To Family Style
KimberlyLantz
KimberlyLantz

Better than real pork!

5 Posted on 04 / 21 / 2013

I brought my two brothers here, and we ordered the spring rolls, tofu pad thai, and the sweet and sour "pork." As usually dedicated omnivores, my brothers loved the dishes, one of them stating that the vegan pork in the sweet and sour was better than real pork! That made my day! Great service (when I ordered a slice of carrot cake, the waiter brought along a slice of complimentary chocolate cake as well) and a very well-rounded menu. The spring rolls could've been better, but overall our experience was superb.

Pros: great service, food, and good pricing.
Cons: spring rolls were a bit disapointing
VeganEater
VeganEater

Great food/great service

5 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

I'm fairly new to vegan eating. CV has been our favorite place 2 eat out since switching. They accommodate such as "no oil" or "no sugar" requests. The menu is modest and prices $7.95 - $9,95 with $2 option adding salad, rice, Thai ice tea. After reading older reviews here, seems many changes have occurred. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Very accommodating, Open 6 days/week, Friendly service
Cons: Closed on Wed.
CarolineK
CarolineK

Delicious, Flavorful Food!

5 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2011

I have been frequenting this place for quite some time, and I love it! I've even brought meat lovers here and they keep coming back for more. By far, the "Spicy Chicken" is one of my favorites on the menu. It's the perfect combination of crunchy/sweet/spicy. They also have delicious vegan cakes which I hadn't tried before going here. Takeout orders are prepared quickly, and it's a great option on your way home from work. Overall, this is probably my favorite restaurant of all time.

Pros: tantalizing food, friendly staff, good value
Cons: closed Wednesdays
peripatetic.dave
peripatetic.dave

The go to

5 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2011

I love this place. Back when I used to eat beef, it was all about spicy beef noodle soup. I would travel to find a good bowl of spicy beef noodle soup. Central Veg has a spicy beef noodle soup that is sweet comfort food to me.

I used to go to Golden Lotus and the menu is nearly the same, but Central Veg has waaaay better service and parking is easier. Also, the staff is way friendly too. Mimi is awesome.

The curry fried rice along with the spicy chicken salad and the jalapeno tofu are among my favorites.

Pros: tofu and seitan wizards, great staff and service, pretty consistent quality
Cons: a bit pricey

Myha Rose
Myha Rose

totally exceeded expectations! :)

5 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2010

First thing we noticed, the place was spotlessly clean! Nice decor and ambiance. We had beancurd fish and veggies in bean sauce- delish!! I especially liked the beancurd fish and the sauce they serve it with. Being vietnamese, im amazed at how well they got the what-would-have-been fish sauce to taste to delightful with the fish! This might just be our new fave go-to spot! Great service! They even threw in desert on the house! Can't say no to that! Thanks for setting up shop in my home town!!

Pros: clean, extensive menu, reasonably priced
jegraef
jegraef

Nice people, greasy food.

2 Posted on 11 / 28 / 2010

I was initially excited to find a nearby vegan restaurant. Especially one with such an extensive menu. Very disappointed that our food was swimming in oil. Can't go back......

Pros: friendly, clean, large menu
Cons: greasy, oily
Valera
Valera

only one dish without sugar

2 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2010

Very interesting defiantly worth a visit, Many Many choices unless you want something that has no sugar added. Then there is only one dish without sugar???
Really? Hundreds of dishes and all but one have sugar added to them.
Sorry 2 cows.

centralvegetarian
centralvegetarian

Buy a glass wine & get 1 glass 50% off..

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2010

This is a great Vegan restaurant on Park street. Please some support this small business. Excellent service and great food. Right Price with free dessert with order $30. Bring your friends and family. You wont be disappointed.:)))

Pros: healthy, Fresh, Excellent service
Cons: Very clean, especially the bathroom, beautiful decor, nice and cozy
Skeetch
Skeetch

Our favorite restaurant!

4 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2009

We live in Alameda and were very excited to see a vegetarian place opening up.. Finally!
The quality of the food is the best of any vegetarian place around here for miles.

We took our meat eating friends there and they thought the food was very flavorful, good. They were surprised and satisfied.

THEY ARE CLOSED ON WEDNESDAY

Cons: need better wine selection to accompany , this yummy food
mindfulguy
mindfulguy

Wonderful place

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2009

My favorite vegan restaurant! Very friendly, clean and cozy atmosphere. I love the crispy "chicken", curried vegetables, broccoli "beef" and the house tea.
I live in Alameda and eat here often. They have nice lunch specials. It's a good place for special occasion dinners - they have a large round table near the back that's perfect.

Pros: Great food, Friendly, Good value
redpixie151
redpixie151

LOTS OF FAKE MEAT

4 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2008

I was taken back by the amount of fake meat that was on the menu. I did not order any but the food I did have was very good. It is not a vegan restaurant but everything can be made vegan. Over all I was very happy

norc_ali
norc_ali

GREAT FOOD!!!

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2008

Central Vegetarian is one of the best veggie restaurants i have been to! the menu is very similar to that of golden era or golden lotus though i found central veggie to be more reasonably priced. the food is amazing, the special sauteed garlic beef is one of my favorites along with the deep fried soft tofu. i love this restaurant so much that ive gone there at least twice a week since theyr opening!

prafulla
prafulla

Good Choice

4 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2007

I have found this restaurant to be one of the best in the bay area. The clay pot dishes are excellent, the eggplant with basil the best, and the salad with peanuts is wonderful. It is out of the way unless you live in Oakland or Berkeley but definitely worth a trip. I always bring extra home. If you have special dietary needs they will happily make changes in the dishes when possible.

Pros: excellent food, very friendly staff, good value
Cons: limited space, bad neighborhood

Dear Owner and Manager of Central Vegetarian Cuisine: