Organic produce, deli, juice bar, vitamins. more-less
3815 Westheimer Rd (Weslayen)
Houston, Texas 77027
713-386-1700

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by tanyaviola
J and J
J and J

Very limited vegan options

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2015

We had some coupons for free sandwiches, but couldn't even use them all, because there were such limited items available to make a vegan sandwich. There is good produce and specialty items at Central Market. Beware of the bakery, the bagels have EGG. Whole Foods definitely has a lot more vegan options!!!

Pros: specialty items, affordable berries, great produce selection
Cons: egg in the bagels, limited options for a vegan sandwich, not many vegan options period
BehccaBunny
BehccaBunny

SO MUCH LOVE

Posted on 04 / 14 / 2014

I absolutely adore this store. No joke, I do all of my shopping here (besides the little toiletries). Not only does it have the chillest vibe, but it has the widest selections of anything you can think of, even bottled water.

With a health store like this, there are some pricey things. However, the prices for fruits and vegetables are exactly the same as you would find at a Kroger or a Randall's. The difference is, you have organic options and they are all FRESH. FRESH, FRESH, FRESH. Did I mention fresh? I'm serious, guys! Don't be turned off by a health store like this one. You can walk out with a basket full of stuff that's totally healthy, organic and beneficial for your body and not break the bank.

My favorite part of the store is the organic tea selection. ALSO, the peanut butter machine. Dry roasted peanuts ground up in front of you. It's AWESOME. They also have freshly squeezed juices. (I DEFINITELY recommend the orange juice, and the apple lemon ginger juice. So refreshing!)

All in all, you will not be disappointed. Just be careful. You might want to make a list of what you need before you step foot inside. You might just want to get every organic, health thing you see.

Pros: Excellent Vibe, Produce is extremely fresh, Wide Selections
Cons: Can get crowded on weekends, Check-out lines can be long, Parking can be scarce
Kayeelle
Kayeelle

Dream Salad

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2013

I came to Houston on business and immediately knew I wanted to check out this market. I got salad two days in a row and they were so so good! Easily made vegan by swapping one item (goat cheese). The California and The Moroccan salads have a variety of ingredients and are huge for the low price of 7.49.

Pros: Atmosphere, Value, Selection

kblove
kblove

Busy Store

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2013

Very popular store in Houston for fresh organic foods. Lots of bulk foods. Large selection of breads and coffees.

Pros: Huge produce department, Helpful staff, Organic products
Cons: Very crowded, Somewhat pricey
khensley1324
khensley1324

not impressed

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2010

Short and sweet. Store is overpriced and crowded with narrow aisles, as well as difficult floor plans. VERY hard to shop with kids!

Pros: organic products, clean, friendly
Cons: diffulct layout, very thin aisles, over priced
Animal Author
Animal Author

My favorite grocery store in Houston

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2010

Central Market always has the items I simply cannot get at grocery stores close to my home. I am a vegan and they carry more meatless meat/cruelty-free options than any other store I can name. And, yes, their meatless meats are priced LESS than Kroger or nasty Walmart. It is worth the drive to go and stock up. *They have new meatless items every time we visit. I also LOVE their take-out food options and always leave there with something new...That I tried in the store. Whether I am shopping for produce, bulk snack items (impossible to resist), incense, a new dessert to try or even something as simple as bakery bread, Central Market has the best selection. I find myself comparing other grocery stores to this store...That is why we are willing to make the drive. It is always a festive environment and everyone that works there is friendly...Way above average. Given the size and population of this city, I think we need more stores of this caliber!

Pros: great selection, can always find what I need, staff is friendly and helpful
Cons: very crowded
tanyaviola
tanyaviola

Awesome store!!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2010

I went on a Sunday and it was extremely crowded! So I would recommend going on a weekday. They have lots of bulk items, like grains, seeds, etc. Also tons of local coffee beans, mor e than I've ever seen in any other store. They've got a lot of raw/vegan items on the shelves as well. Large selection of fresh breads and a HUGE produce section. I'd definitely shop there again if I were in the area.

Pros: lots of bulk items, tons of coffee beans, great produce selection
Cons: too crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Central Market: