Carries many veg-friendly products, plus organic produce, deli, juice bar, vitamins, and grocery. more-less

First Review by cbehrends
earthville
earthville

Huge place, decent veg*n selection, mad crowded

3 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

Central Market is sort of a superdupermarket — in size, at least. It's a division of H.E.B. so it has massive corporate buying power behind it, which keeps prices reasonable, at least for some items.

Having lived in places that have much better health-oriented supermarkets, i'm not all that impressed with Central Market, but it is a good complement to what one can find at Sunflower and Trader Joe's, and it's cheaper than Whole Foods for the most part.

There's a decent selection of organic and vegan items, though one has to look around to find them (tip: watch for the green price labels on the shelves, which are often — though not always — placed to help you identify organic items).

Chocolate fans take note: there's an uncommonly good selection here of organic, vegan, fair-trade chocolate bars, including some brands one doesn't see just everywhere. Just be sure to read labels carefully, as always. :-)

Pros: Decent organic and vegan selection
Cons: Sells meat and lots of crap, too, Can get extremely busy
KaylaRose
KaylaRose

Great Store

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

I shop here every week! I don't know how I could survive as a vegan without this place. We need more in Fort Worth because this store is almost always packed!

Pros: Vegan options, High variety , Great produce
Cons: Always busy, More parking space
spidey72
spidey72

My favorite Store

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

Central Market is such a joy to shop at. The atmosphere is very pleassant. The staff is always very pleasant,courteous, and quite helpful. Sampling is always available. I love it!

Pros: friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere, sampling available
Cons: excellent ventilation, organic available

cYn
cYn

Central Market is great!

4 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2012

I recently went to HEB and fell in love with all their veggies and fruits. I'm currently unemployed and living on a very tight budget, so, i wouldn't make it my first choice to go shopping; it can get pretty expensive. I like the cheese and fresh bread area, but enjoy walking thru the cafe! Always smells wonderful! If I could, I would shop here for EVERYTHING!

Pros: Plenty of fruits and veggies, Everything is fresh, Different varieties of everything
Cons: Pretty expensive, Always packed
UrbanDancer
UrbanDancer

Good variety

4 Posted on 05 / 15 / 2011

Central market usually has a good selection of organic and non-organic fresh vegetables and fruits. Unfortunately I have not seen any non-vegan bakery goods :o( There is a decent selection in the frozen foods areas (Amy's brand along with some others). In the hot food/cafe area they usually have a good variety of vegan foods to choose froom: fruit salad, steamed veggies, baked beans (black, red, etc.), rice, garlic glaze tofu, etc. The sandwich area gives a grilled vegetable option that I just love to have on whole wheat bread along with roasted red peppers and fresh avocado :oP In a town where vegan selections/options are somewhat limited this is a good place to shop!

Pros: Variety of foods: Fresh, frozen, or hot , Convenient - almost a one stop shop, Cafe area
Cons: No vegan baked goods :o(
cbehrends
cbehrends

Great place

5 Posted on 05 / 21 / 2009

Love this place the produce is great and they always have a good choice of organics. I drive 30 mins just to come. It is worth it. Try out the smoothies or ice cream! People there are always so helpful, too. Come and try it!!

Guest
Guest

WAY Overpriced!

2 Posted on 04 / 16 / 2008

Everything at Central is super expensive. I mean you can find certain things there that may be hard to find in other places but I have walked out of that store more then once with 40 dollars in only one bag of common items. They make Whole Foods look like a bargain. I would reccomend going to Sprouts much much cheaper and just as good of a vegan selection.

Dear Owner and Manager of Central Market: