Part of a gourmet grocery store chain owned by H-E-B Grocery Company. Offers a good fresh produce selection, some natural body care products, but not much for vegans in prepared foods and foods. more-less
5750 E Lovers Ln
Dallas, Texas 75206
Now Open

Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm

First Review by bird0540

Don't get what you pay for

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2015

IMHO, all Central Markets can be a little pricey, and this one is no different. On the plus side, if you need it, they probably have it, even if it is kind of random. Case in point, I often go here for buckwheat because WF's bulk buckwheat is often still a little green, not the ripe brown color it's supposed to be. They've got a wide selection of bulk products ranging from herbs, spices, teas, candies, grains etc. You can easily go to town with all of their great selections and then get a surprise once you get up to the counter (I got 3 or 4 items and I'm up to $50?). Hit or miss with the staff. They're usually knowledgeable but not always super friendly. I'd honestly rather go to the farmer's market, WF or TJ.

Pros: Selection of bulk foods, Large store
Cons: Expensive
  • raw

Pretty Good

Posted on 07 / 25 / 2014

Loud place to eat. Atmosphere is important to me. When eating raw vegan it seems like my portions are typically large. The food bar being "price per pound" may be a disadvantage financially. I think hummus must be heavy because the weight was heavy on the scale at check out but was all vegetables and legumes. Staff did not seem happy.

Pros: Vegan Choices, Several Hummus options, Pretty Fresh
Cons: Loud and crowded, Expensive by the pound, No friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Central Market: