Celaborelle Phoenician Rest...

Serves meat, veg options available. Lebanese food menu. Veg suitable dishes are marked and includes dishes like hummus, falafel, baba ghannouj, tabouleh, and salads. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Buffet, Mediterranean, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese, BYOB, Non-veg

First Review by KatieS
  • herbivore

Pleasantly Surprised

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2013

Looking at the outside of this restaurant I was a little reluctant to go in, but so glad I did. The outside is a little run down, but the inside is very cozy. I asked the server to point out the vegan options on the menu and he was very helpful, pointing out what was vegan and offering suggestions for making non-vegan options vegan. We chose hummus, lentils and rice, and a medium manaeesh, omitting the cheese and adding vegetables (and they were very generous with the vegetables). The food was delicious, the service was wonderful, and the serving sizes were extremely generous. We left with two to go containers full. The biggest surprise was the price of the meal. It was only $10 to feed two people for lunch with enough leftovers for another meal. This is going to be my new favorite go to place for healthy vegan food.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 20, 2013

Pros: Inexpensive, Great Healthy Food, Lots of Vegan Options

Wow! Fantastic Vegan Feast!

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2013

I'm from out of town and this restaurant was conveniently accessable by bus line (number 1). The exterior looks a little run down, but don't let that deter you. The server was very helpful identifying vegan dishes (I'm allergic to dairy and eggs.) The servings are HUGE! I ordered a vegetarian platter and received soup, fresh pita with two dips (hummus and ?), a baked dough wrapped around sauted spinach, 7 falafels, four types of legumes, and squash. Everything was delicious! I left with three carry out boxes. The price was about $8.00 - awesome!

Pros: great value for price, helpfulness of staff, delicious food

Dear Owner and Manager of Celaborelle Phoenician Restaurant: