Vegetarian restaurant in Condesa neighborhood offering Mexican food with a focus on tacos; combines the traditional with the innovative. Breakfast includes mulata with plaintain, macademia nut cheese, traditional chilaquiles, coffee and fresh juices. Lunch and dinner include a signature tortilla soup, tacos with red mole hibiscus, traditional huitlacoche black mushroom with cheese, among others. Selection of beers, mezcal, tequila and liquors. Has wi-fi and is dog-friendly. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take-out
Baja California 295, Hipodromo (Nuevo Leon)
Mexico City, Mexico 06170
OPEN NOW

Mon 1:00pm-10:00pm, Tue-Sat 8:30am-10:00pm, Sun 9:00am-6:00pm

First Review by veganvixenamy
cha222
cha222

Excellent little place

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2014

Nice decoration and very friendly ambiance and staff for this little gem in Mexico city.
They have quite a lot of choice but not that much for vegans.
However, we had a delicious nachos plate with a cheese-like sauce very yummy.
Our tacos were a bit small but very good. Also, the food is fresh and tasty.
We also had a good time just chilling out in this place that looks much better than in the pictures. Nice music too.

Pros: Cool place, Tasty and fresh food , Attention to details in decoration
Cons: Not a whole lot of vegan options
Kathrynmike
Kathrynmike

Pretty good

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2014

We tried two vegan breakfast tacos. The portions could stand to be a bit bigger - 4 rather than 3 would be more satisfying. We liked but did not love it. If this restaurant was in the US or Australia we would have given it a 3, but it gets a bonus point for being a veg location in Mexico.

Liz Vegan Grrrl
Liz Vegan Grrrl

Muy muy rico!

Posted on 07 / 03 / 2014

Cate de mi Corazon is another place if I want to meet a friend for lunch while at work. It may seem a bit pricey but this isn't a cheap neighbourhood and one for middle class Mexicans and non Mexicans with a professional job. Having said that, you see that the tortillas are hand made, they use locally sourced ingrediants, efficient service and a crazy amount of options for both vegetarians and vegans it does justify the costs. I love taking my friends there. My omni (Mexican) boyfriend loved it. My omni best mate said the lentil soup and chorizo tacos were to die for. If you need a tipple, they have a good selection of Mexican artisanal beer and organic mezcal too which is really really good!

Pros: Lovely food, Supports local economy, Creative dishes
Cons: English menu can be confusing, Could open later

frads
frads

Nice Vegan Friendly Spot

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

This place was good in terms of offering good tasting vegan taco options. They offer English language menu's which is helpful and the staff and space are very nice. The portions are quite small. My husband and I needed 5 tacos each in order to feel satisfied and the prices are a bit on the high side for Mexico City.

Pros: Vegan Friendly, English Menu Available, Good Food
Cons: Pricey, Desserts
Evguy422
Evguy422

Nice small place

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

This place is a nice, small place. A bit hard to find, but look a bit and it's there. =)

It's in the Condesa neighborhood which is super nice. The place itself is very cute and quaint. However, so is the food. Very small portions (my husband and I had to order 5 tacos each to be full). They had a good menu though and they spoke English to others in the restaurant and had English menus. Also they clearly marked the vegan options.

Probably the highest priced place, for the food size, that we went to in Mexico City.

Felt the food was very good, but Pan Comido was better food and better bang for your buck.

Pros: Good vegan options, Decent service, Decent food
Cons: Small place, Small serving sizes, A bit pricey
eartha
eartha

i thought i was in San Francisco

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2014

Everything; from the water of the day to our dessert, was absolutely delicious. Even though the space is small, even though the menu is Taco oriented, if you love food you must go; you will not be disappointed.
If not for the very reasonable prices (about 250 pesos for two) it is easy to imagine Cate de mi Corazon as a destination spot in SF, Williamsburg or as a food truck in Austin.
One regret: we only had time to eat here twice on our most recent visit to Mexico City.

Pros: delicious food, great wait staff, price
Cons: not a con- but it is rather small
veganvixenamy
veganvixenamy

THIS is my favorite place for vegan mexican food in Mexico!

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2014

Went here tonight with friends. Ordered a salad to share to start us off. Then we each got tacos. I ended up ordering three tacos because they are small and scrumptious, my friend ended up ordering six tacos. My friend had been searching mexico city for a place that serves mexican cinnamon spiced coffee, we were delighted to find it here--and it was so good! We went all out and also ordered the two vegan desserts: these caramel pecan spiced tacos and the mayan spiced mousse. Both were excellent! Along with our meal we were served mint watermelon water which was refreshing. The owner came and checked on us asking how our food was, excellent service. We walked 40 minutes to get there but it was so worth it! Highly reccomended!

Pros: organic, fresh, mostly vegan, authentic mexican food, DELICIOUS
Cons: so good you get a "food baby"

Dear Owner and Manager of Cate de mi Corazon: