Catch A Healthy Habit Cafe

Vegan cafe and retail shop. Offers smoothies, veggie juices, soups, salads, raw chocolate, nuts, and more. Uses honey in a few items. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Raw, Organic, American, Juice bar, Take-out
39 Unquowa Rd
Fairfield, Connecticut 06824
203-292-8190
Closed now

Mon-Tue 8:00am-3:00pm, Wed-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-6:00pm, Sun 11:00am-4:00pm

First Review by bertz413
SuitupMan
SuitupMan

Love the burger and smoothies!

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2013

I loved the burger, so much flavor and wasn't too much food, so I felt good about myself. The chocolate covered strawberry smoothie is unbelievable. A little pricey but I guess it needs to be with the quality at their restaurant.

Pros: flavorful, friendly, location
Cons: price
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Not a raw fan but a fan of this place!

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2011

I'm not a raw food person but I do love coming here for their smoothies and other delicious offerings. I've tried almost all of their smoothies and love every one of them. It is a very community oriented business with many different events to help people come together and share their interests and keep everyone informed. The staff is very friendly and I've always had a positive experience when I go there.

amelsen
amelsen
  • raw

Best raw food place in CT

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2011

Love this place. Great food, good people, and great raw food products.

Pros: Raw love, meet up's, Great food

TheSweetestVegan
TheSweetestVegan

Good Place

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2010

Home of my first wheat grass shot*. Let me tell you. The natural section at the grocery store has nothing on this little cafe. Raw ingredients, raw agave sweetened gelato, raw candy bars, and oh yeah wheat grass just to highlight a few items. I had a great conversation with a man who was serving, but I do not know if he was the owner or not. He was finely intune with every customer, which you all know, I just die for good customer service.
The other staff and patrons were personable as well, making for a great natural foodie hang out. They are loaded with information and events for everyone. They are really creating a community to help you Catch a Healthy Habit, not just a kick every now and then.
* Do not let anyone fool you when they say wheat grass is sweet. It is sweet, but it defiantly taste like grass. I would do it again, but I would already know what to expect. The guy who made it for me told me that it was therapeutic and used as an alternative medicine. I totally believe him. I took it on an empty stomach and got completely nauseous and sick. So, lesson one: Never take a wheat grass shot on an empty stomach. After eating and taking a nap, I was okay.

Brownies
This was more of a fudge than a brownie. It was flat, fudgey, no flaky crust, and crispy flavorful edge. It was cold too. I have a thing for hot food, so temperature is very important. It did have a a few nuts, but I like nuts, so I wanted them to be bigger and more. It also has a dark chocolate taste. I do not like dark chocolate. I love a good milk chocolate, though I do not believe I have had a milk chocolate since being vegan. I pray for vegan milk chocolate often. If you like fudgey, dark chocolate, chilled brownies then these are for you. Catch a Healthy Habit has a great atmosphere, so check it out for yourself.

Pros: atmosphere
Cons: food
vivalavegan
vivalavegan

Wonderful in So Many Ways

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2010

Don't hesitate to check out this fabulous cafe! As you walk in, you are cheerily greeted by the cafe owners and servers. I was not the only one there, but it wasn't crowded at all. The atmosphere is very relaxed, informal and comfortable.

As soon as my friend and I came in we were given a menu to mull over. While we were thinking we were given samples of Holy Cacao, a chocolate banana-y smoothie that tasted amazing! We ended up ordering the Pasta Primavera (zucchini noodles with raw marinara, pesto, and "rawmesan"), the BBQ Burger (a nut and seed patty on onion bread served with veggies and vegan ranch), and a mint smoothie. Our food was made promptly and quickly - and would have been worth an even longer wait! My friend, who wasn't sure she would like the whole raw experience, loved it, too. Everything had so much flavor and the portions were the perfect size. From the looks of the menu they also have great options for kids and I would definitely recommend trying as many smoothies as you can - they all sounded fabulous!

Perhaps even more impressive than the food was the service. The owner came to our table and asked us about our experience with raw food and was extremely friendly and personable. After we finished our meals, he also brought by a tray of sample desserts which included a cinnamon roll, a brownie, and this crazy creamy agave-sweetened "ice cream." We decided to get some ice cream to go topped with goji berries. If you're also an eco veg, all of their take out containers and cutlery are compostable or recyclable.

I can't say enough great things about CAHH. Perhaps the only downside of the entire experience was the price, which I think was reasonable for most raw food places I've been but might not be an everyday budget kind of thing (my "pasta" and smoothie came out to $15 or $16.)

I'd also recommend checking out their website, as they have guest chefs and events quite often.

Pros: Fabulous service, Delicious food, Fun yet relaxed atmosphere
Cons: Price
bertz413
bertz413

Awesome!

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2008

This place is great! Glen, the owner, is super friendly and SO informative. He really takes the time to explain answers to every question you may have. Great atmosphere. His cafe offer delicious items, including the best "ice cream" and raw chocolates!! They offer a TON of classes, from guest speakers to workshops, and even offer FREE exercise classes on Sat. mornings!! I have become so much more aware of what I eat, and am slowly adapting to eating more raw foods in my diet! It is worth the trip from anywhere! Try one of his great smoothies!

Pros: friendly, yummy, calming
Cons: wish there was a shop in every town!!, (not really a con!!)

Dear Owner and Manager of Catch A Healthy Habit Cafe: