Serves meat, veg options available. Contemporary American cuisine with South American influence. Has a vegan section on menu, and vegan food is prepared on designated non-meat pans. Specialties are the house-made vegan carne asada in burrito and rice or pasta bowl with protein, starch, veg, and sauce. Vegan carne asada or seared portobello mushroom can be substituted for any meat on the menu. Sauces are vegan except for the jalapeno crema. On the sun bar patio is a juice bar and organic espresso bar. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, South American, Mexican, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
15 E 6th St
Tempe, Arizona 85281
480-557-8226

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by JohnnyD
Tigra220
Tigra220

Underwhelmed...

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

I was SO excited to try the vegan street tacos! I got them and was unfortunately, unimpressed. They lacked sabor. I also paid like $4 for some of the most bland guacamole this side of the border.

I plan to give their carne asada bowl and vegan brunch a try one day. I'll update as needed at that time.

Cons: bland street tacos and guacamole
jenlux
jenlux

Great Vegan Carne Asada Rice Bowl

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

Just wanted to say how pleased I am that Casa Sunba serves an all Vegan Brunch in Tempe! The menu doesn't explicitly state this, but chef Joey can make anything Vegan with class. The cinnamon raisin waffles were divine. And the Carne Asada Rice bowl was a delectable!!!!! Props to Chef Joey who is also a Vegan!!!!!!! What a rare treat in the desert!!!!!

JohnnyD
JohnnyD

Awesome Vegan Menu Items!

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2013

I loved this place! I got the guacamole, which was delicious and way above average. For my entrée, I got the Vegan Carne Asada with added portabellas-it was nothing short of awesome! There was a great selection of beers on tap, as well and the bartender was super friendly and the service great. This will be the first place I visit the next time I'm in town.

Pros: Several Vegan option on the menu, Great selection of Beer!, Reasonably priced

Dear Owner and Manager of Casa Sunba: