Serves meat, veg options available. Authentic Mayan cuisine with food including vegetarian wraps, guacamole with chips, fruit and granola plates, Fundido, black bean soup, juices and smoothies. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mexican, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg
17 Hypolita St (south of Saint George St)
St Augustine, Florida 32084
904-217-3039

Mon-Sun 8:30am-3:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm

First Review by ivorygate
AnyaVBacon
AnyaVBacon

Amazing burrito!

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2014

The restaurant has a great outdoor area. They have vegetarian burrito you can order without cheese and tempeh dish I haven't tried yet. I always get the veganized burrito. You can add tempeh to the burrito.

AndreaP
AndreaP

Worst Service EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2014

I called in an order tonight, it was wrong so I called to get it fixed and when I asked to speak to a manager, Guillermo yelled at me who stated he was the owner (he also yelled the spelling of his name because I didn't hear his name the first time I asked) as he told me he would not re-do my order but I could drive back 20 miles,pay to park and get my slices of avocado and mushrooms,that were missing from 2 of the wraps I ordered. I had just spent over $50 at Casa Maya and you would think an owner wouldn't be so disrespectful to a customer. I cannot believe I was just screamed at because they messed up 2 of the 3 meals I got as a togo order. I have been many times and I will never recommend this restaurant to ANYONE ever again and I really have no reason to spend my money in a place where I am disrespected as a woman and talked down to because this owner has clear anger issues.

sincerely,
a former weekly customer

Pros: only cons
Cons: Horrible Service, Horrible owner , small portions
Jenveggiegirl
Jenveggiegirl

Not all that great....

2 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2013

I have to say that I was quite disappointed. I was excited to try both the Mayan soup and hot chocolate, but they were out of both. The guacamole was really very tasty, but the black bean soup was not well seasoned at all. We also tried what was basically supposed to be a Mexican cheese fondue. It was incredibly greasy and difficult to eat. I ended the meal with flan. It wasn't bad, but didn't compare to my mother-in-laws at all. Overall - a disappointment.

Pros: Good guacamole, Cute atmosphere
Cons: Pricey, Out of recommended menu items, Food was not as tasty as advertised

Jo-Anne
Jo-Anne

a gem!

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2011

We very much enjoyed the vegetarian burrito and "holy mole" tempeh at this intimate gourmet Mexican restaurant. Be sure to mention to the helpful wait staff that you're vegetarian. When we were there, the menu didn't look veg-friendly, but the waiter assured us that we could substitute tempeh in most meat dishes.

Pros: great food, helpful wait staff
  • Jo-Anne Jo-Anne

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that the Mexican hot chocolate is to die for! They can prepare this with soy milk for vegans.

aadams1217
aadams1217
  • non-vegetarian

The best vegan burrito I've ever had

4 Posted on 09 / 17 / 2010

My boyfriend and I went to St Augustine for a weekend getaway and I saw this place on the Happy Cow Web site and had to check it out.

Had the tempeh burrito with avocado and veggies (without cheese) for lunch. So amazing! Very flavorful and tender. Will definitely be going back.

Atmosphere is cute and mexican-themed.

Pros: delicious, vegan, service
SunnyG
SunnyG
  • raw

Delicious Experience!

4 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2010

Had dinner @ Casa Maya upon first arriving into St. Augustine. What a wonderful little place with delicious food & attentive owners & staff! I was VERY pleased w/my dinner selection which was a mix of vegetarian & non-veg. They had a nicely spiced cinnamon tea that I enjoyed w/my dinner, and the service was very warm & welcoming! I recommend this restaurant highly... it's very popular so be sure to arrive early! :-)

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
kmlamb
kmlamb

Nice and Easy Stop.

4 Posted on 02 / 05 / 2009

I stopped in Casa Maya for lunch and was very pleasantly surprised. Being gluten-free in addition to vegan, I have trouble finding places to eat when on vacation and this was a nice break.

I ordered the guacamole and a cup of their Mayan soup (just without the cheese usually put on top) and was surprised by the freshness of the food items and how there were no "surprise" items in either order- just what the description said there would be.

The guacamole was nice and chunky. And the Mayan soup had a nice clear onion broth and fresh avocado and pica de gallo in it.

The location was clean and pleasant to sit in, with soft acoustic music playing and low lighting. Very cute place with very nice and informed servers.

Pros: clean, kind, fresh organic ingredients
Cons: small tables
Google-Mises
Google-Mises
  • non-vegetarian

Will go back to Casa Maya

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2009

We went to Casa Maya on a recommendation, and will be going back. The restaurant is quaint but charming. The owners greet you and are also very delightful. You can tell that they take pride in the food that they serve.

Freshness was present in all of this food and also Southern Mexican Mayan authenticity.

Everything I ate there was good but what I especially loved were the Mayan Soup (Onion broth base, with pico de gallo, avocado cubes, mexican cheese, etc.), and also the fresh Mango pie!

The Acai smoothie was also very good and they use fresh Acai berries imported from Brazil!

Pros: freshness, taste, service
ivorygate
ivorygate
  • raw

vegan & raw friendly

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2008

I was fortunate enough to eat their guacamole and even tried their black bean soup. Both were superb. I finished off with a tropical salad (which had shrimp - but they served my dish without it) of greens, oranges, mango, tomatoes, avocado, with their homemade orange dressing.

They also have a juice bar, and they can make live smoothies upon request. All of their ingredients are organic, making this stop here even more rewarding.

I can't wait to return.

Pros: price, decor, organic ingredients

Dear Owner and Manager of Casa Maya: