Casa da Pamonha

Serves meat, veg options available. Food is typical of many vegetarian-vegan restaurants in Brazil. May have little or no vegan options. Vegans please inquire and inform HappyCow. Directions: Just off main square where the famed Teatro Amazonas is located, approximately 100 metres away where Rua Barroso opens half way along the square on the south side. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Non-veg
Rua Barroso, 375 Centro, Manaus (Praca Sao Sebastio, Teatro Amazonas)
Manaus, Brazil
3233-1028

Open Mon-Fri 7am-7pm, Sat 7am-2pm.

First Review by emilc
imogenmichel
imogenmichel

Mediocre but few alternatives

2 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2013

I came here for the vegetarian lunch buffet, as there are very few other veg*n food places around. The venue was very clean and tranquil with a relaxed atmosphere, but sadly there is very little I can say positively about the food. Everything was really bland and mediocre with limited vegan options, and I had some difficulty explaining to the staff what vegans do and don't eat, even though I speak some Portuguese. The juice was bland and flavourless too. I appreciate that there are very few alternatives in this city, but I was still disappointed with their efforts.

Pros: Nice, clean space, Lack of other options
Cons: Mediocre food and drink, Don't know what vegan means
marneves
marneves

100% vegetarian lunch buffet

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2013

The "100% vegetarian" applies only to the lunch buffet, but I'm afraid this info is displayed in Portuguese only. They do have vegan options from texturized soy protein to seitan and also lacto-vegetarian meals (I am not sure about eggs). Very convenient location.

Pros: Cozy atmosphere, Convenient location, Good value
emilc
emilc

Confused...

3 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2012

This place, located right off a main square in Manaus, claims "100% Vegetarian" on its sign outside. We went in for dinner, and... there were items such as "turkey ham and cheese sandwich" on the menu. Most of the 'vegetarian' items on them menu were not available. When I conformted the only server who spoke some English, who was helpful, he claimed that '99%' of their items were vegetarian. I'd say that number is waaaay lower. Most items had cheese or other dairy. I did find a pretty tasty veggie burger, however. I had to ask for no cheese, however.

It's sad that this is the only 'veggie' listing in Manaus... which isn't even that veggie, really. I mean, the food was decent, but it's not like I could even try most of it. Perhaps their lunch is better? I'd like to hear from other members.

Pros: Charming interior, Friendly staff
Cons: Hardly any vegan food, Serves meat, Don't knwo what 'vegetarian' means

Dear Owner and Manager of Casa da Pamonha: