Doughnut shop IN downtown. Offers a daily vegan earl grey doughnut, as well as rotating selection of other vegan flavors. Also has gluten free items, coffee and tea. Modern, upbeat atmosphere. more-less
534 W Pender St
Vancouver, British Columbia V6B1V3
778-708-0996
Closed time

Mon 8:00am-8:00pm, Tue 8:00am-6:00pm, Wed-Thu 8:00am-8:00pm, Fri 8:00am-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-10:00am, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm

First Review by vegan frog
Amiressy
Amiressy

Great Vegan Donuts

Posted on 03 / 07 / 2015

Great people. Great service. Very friendly. Several different vegan options. It's very tasty.

lil.ragdoll.angel
lil.ragdoll.angel

Yummy vegan donuts with gluten-free options too!

Posted on 11 / 06 / 2014

I tried the Earl Grey which is probably my favourite so far and is probably the best vegan donut I've ever had. I also tried the Pistachio glaze which was good as well. The vegan apple fritter that I tried was a bigger than other vegan donuts, but didn't like that one at all, such oily taste..
Pricey for me ( more than $3 for each one). The place had a nice vibe. Staff was nice too.
I plan to go back and try the other donuts as well :)

Pros: Yummy donuts, friendly staff, nice vibe
Cons: price, location is far for me
ThomasGerald1
ThomasGerald1

excellent

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

The owner of its donuts shop is really friendly. He showed me all his vegan donuts! They have 5 different tastes! Really great!!!

lovela5
lovela5

Great place for vegan donuts

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2014

I think this is the only place in downtown Vancouver that serves vegan donuts. I was pretty impressed with so many options. I tried many different flavour because they have different ones everyday. My favourite so far was the apple crumble, raspberry and walnut & maple. Even though I'm not too crazy about donuts I really loved this place.

They are quite pricey though. 3 $ per donut.

The donuts that are vegan are mostly gluten free.

Pros: Many vegan donuts, Fresh everyday, great service
Cons: Pricey
vegan frog
vegan frog

Not sure

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2014

This place gets rave reviews all over Vancouver so I decided to try it since they are known to have several vegan options. All other donuts are vegetarian except the maple/bacon one.
I must start by saying that I don't generally love donuts, never have, so this review may not be entirely fair...

First: service was great. The girl was vegan herself and gave me a run down of all my options. I was pretty impressed. They usually have 6 vegan options per day. Flavours rotate. More will be on the way if they become popular.

Second: Taste: I picked 4 donuts: chocolate icing, stuffed cranberry, stuffed apple and nuts, Earl Grey.
The Earl Grey was definitely the best.
The flavours were fresh and different from the mainstream types.
The problem is that because I am not a fan of donuts to begin with, they did not excite me enough to go back in a hurry.

I think it's worth trying for sure if you are into special treats.

Pros: Several vegan options, Friendly service, Fresh donuts made on site
Cons: Location is a bit sketchy

Dear Owner and Manager of Cartems Donuterie: